Zoo Med Power Sun MVB

tinkntoro

5 Year Member
Well, my second Power Sun bulb has failed in as many months. I followed all the special operation instructions exactly, and the bulb failed again. Can't say I will go through the trouble of shipping back to Zoo Med again, just to have another one fail in a few weeks. Also can't say I would recommend this product to others. Oh well, on to other UVB options. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Leo1986

5 Year Member
I was using those and switched to the tube 10.0 T5 bulbs... It was an expense because you should use the special good with that bulb but I have already noticed a difference in my Leos' growth.... Could be coincidence I guess but they didn't seem to grow much until I got the new stuff.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I love the zoomed Powersun bulbs and haven't had any problems. I also like the exo terra sunglo and I know the mega ray was popular

mikeh

5 Year Member
Power sun is now known to premature failures amongst many users. Zoomed T5 HO or Arcadia T5 HO are much better UVB choices. These however do not provide heat, an alternate heat source such as CHE, heat cables or hear mats are needed depending on the set up.

tinkntoro

5 Year Member
Thanks for the ideas. Will try the Exo Terra while I investigate how to setup the tune lights suggested here. Thanks again.