Zoo med Habba hut

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You've posted this in "Product Reviews" and just posting a picture isn't really a review. Do you want to say something about the habba hut, pro or con?

I'll go for 'con.'

The habba hut is ok for a baby tortoise, but it is way too small for a medium to full sized tortoise.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Zoo med Habba hut

Yvonne G said:
You've posted this in "Product Reviews" and just posting a picture isn't really a review. Do you want to say something about the habba hut, pro or con?

I'll go for 'con.'

The habba hut is ok for a baby tortoise, but it is way too small for a medium to full sized tortoise.

I agree. It also doesn't hold NEARLY enough humidity. Good for snakes abd frogs.

thetortoiseguy

5 Year Member
The Habba hut is x large I thing it is way too small but surprisingly this one is the plasticky sort of one

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
While these fake half logs are much easier to clean then the half logs, they are in many ways nicer then many things folks choose to use for hides and do allow tortoises to climb over them. I prefer the real half logs because with them you can pick and choose from a wider selection of shapes and sizes to fit your tortoises needs.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wait...is the "Zoo Med Habba Hut" the half log? or is it the wooden habitat? Sorry about my review up above. I didn't realize the review was for the half log.

If so, I still go with a con - baby tortoises can't resist climbing on them and falling off, landing upside down. I do prefer the artificial/plastic to the real wood, though.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Problem with real wood half log is it may heavily mold on the inside when placed in very humid chamber.

thetortoiseguy

5 Year Member
My ones plastic because it is water resistant and heat resistant and is not climb able to my tort [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I don't know if that is the name of them or not, only going by the picture. I want my tortoise once they are past the tiny hatchling stage to do things they would naturally be doing and using those muscle groups, so I want mine climbing over logs. I also want mine to learn how to right themselves if they do fall over... it may save their lives down the road. ...just my thoughts.

mikeh said:
Problem with real wood half log is it may heavily mold on the inside when placed in very humid chamber.

That may be true, I don't use humid chambers so I don't have this problem.