Zoo med gourmet or box turtle food

Kevinrrussell

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Red Footed Tortoise seem like they eat everything with that said are these good variety.. I do fresh right now outside of mazur

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
How do you manage to get StanLee to not eat the plants in her enclosure? I've tried many times in mines enclosure and he eats em immediately or smashes them walking over them. Even when I put fake plants in their 30 minutes later they are knocked over and moved all over the place.

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
She bites thed stems...zuchinni is being chomped...to death..lol..spider plant and aloe not a fan of..so far clover sprouts she steps on still growing.

daniellenc

Maryland
How do you manage to get StanLee to not eat the plants in her enclosure? I've tried many times in mines enclosure and he eats em immediately or smashes them walking over them. Even when I put fake plants in their 30 minutes later they are knocked over and moved all over the place.
Mine kills every plant I've tried to put in his cage as well, moves them, tramples them......I'm going with potted plants when my new cage comes.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Mine kills every plant I've tried to put in his cage as well, moves them, tramples them......I'm going with potted plants when my new cage comes.
Honestly it seems like mine throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants. He usually does an enclosure remodel on days he gets food he's not to fond of, or when he can't go outside!

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
Honestly it seems like mine throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants. He usually does an enclosure remodel on days he gets food he's not to fond of, or when he can't go outside!
Lol....I have Alfred app and watch mine...walk all over drink..taste chew..I didn't do dandelion today and she running all over..lol...

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Lol....I have Alfred app and watch mine...walk all over drink..taste chew..I didn't do dandelion today and she running all over..lol...
Surprisingly I can't get Murphy to touch dandelion he's not interested in it at all, the flowers or the leaves. He would much rather eat grass?

daniellenc

Maryland
Surprisingly I can't get Murphy to touch dandelion he's not interested in it at all, the flowers or the leaves. He would much rather eat grass?
You mine loved dandelion flowers and leaves last summer when he arrived but was ignoring them this year. I just finely chop the flowers and leaves and mix it into his other food and he's been eating both again!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You mine loved dandelion flowers and leaves last summer when he arrived but was ignoring them this year. I just finely chop the flowers and leaves and mix it into his other food and he's been eating both again!
I've been doing that recently, he tries his best to pick thru it though. I'll admit I've been a little lenient with the fruit lately. Now I'm trying to get back to greens and he's been playing hardball for about a week lol

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
I've been doing that recently, he tries his best to pick thru it though. I'll admit I've been a little lenient with the fruit lately. Now I'm trying to get back to greens and he's been playing hardball for about a week lol
Fruit she eats a bite or a whole one..then done...it's Friday and she is looking for croc chow...smelling every where....tomorrow a soak, coconut oil rub and croc chow...she runs to it....it's amazing

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
I just enjoy our tortoises ....slow motion movements, they respond to voice, touch and food. Interesting movements bobbing heads as they try and communicate to us and we all try and communicate to them.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I just enjoy our tortoises ....slow motion movements, they respond to voice, touch and food. Interesting movements bobbing heads as they try and communicate to us and we all try and communicate to them.
Same here they're awesome! I look forward to mine getting bigger.

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
Does anyone have experience with live snails for red footed. Like which kind...snails live

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Does anyone have experience with live snails for red footed. Like which kind...snails live
Murphy eats snails outside, I have no idea what king they are though.