Zombensis

Gabriel Mattei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Thailand
Little update on my zombensis, the two males have been mounting the females only when it rains which is almost daily now. It is interesting to see that they will only go through sexual intercourse when rain is present, must be their wild stimulus to breed. Really glad that they acclimated extremely well, just proves to show how important panacur and metrabonizole is when rehabilitating wild hingebacks. I've been feeding them a mix of weeds, salads, lots of succulents, mazuri and some pinkie mice every two weeks. Both females are gaining weight really fast and I wouldn't be surprised if they are gravid. Does anyone here have any experience with incubation, I would love to hear more from other keepers out there?

Thank you,
Gabriel IMG_3119.jpg IMG_3121.jpg IMG_3123.jpg IMG_3127.jpg IMG_3128.jpg IMG_3133.jpg IMG_3128.jpg IMG_3133.jpg

2turtletom

5 Year Member
Akron, Ohio
They are stunning! I know of no one in the US that has successfully produced Zombensis. If you are on Instagram, find the account Skilpadshek, which is run by Jeremy Thompson, who is working with 2.2 animals and is hoping to produce eggs.

Raptorn

10 Year Member!
Very beautiful animals! How much do they weigh?
Regards

Gabriel Mattei

5 Year Member
Thailand
Thought I would post a few photos of my female, my group is doing very well and continuously breeding. I am having trouble finding eggs due to the size of the enclosure, hopefully they will hatch naturally in the ground. I have seen a few of the females doing test holes but they lay at around 7pm when its dark.

IMG_4637.JPG

IMG_4839.JPG IMG_4837.JPG IMG_4640.JPG