Zilla humidifying spray Tropical Mist

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have never used it. However, I doubt it would work. Sometimes even a humid hide doesn't work very well. That's why I like doing the whole enclosure humid like in Toms threads. Or like I did, one enclosure humid, connected to a non humid side. See what others say. I have just been seeing where a lot of reptile stuff being sold, should really be pulled off the shelves. Actually a lot of pet stuff period.

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Brooklyn , NY
wellington said:
I have never used it. However, I doubt it would work. Sometimes even a humid hide doesn't work very well. That's why I like doing the whole enclosure humid like in Toms threads. Or like I did, one enclosure humid, connected to a non humid side. See what others say. I have just been seeing where a lot of reptile stuff being sold, should really be pulled off the shelves. Actually a lot of pet stuff period.

Yea I'm totally for and with Toms method.....just thought I'd try this cause I still spray mine a few times a day and keep humidity over 50 but try to do 70....I'm getting a piece of plexiglass to close my top this week...I've only had my hatchling for 2 weeks and he's about 5 months....just didn't see harm in ingredients :) but yea there sure is a LOT out there so it's great to have a place like this to determine what's worth it or works with others who share your passion

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I know,whenever someone ask about putting something on the shell, emysemys always tells them not to put it on the growth lines, in between the scutes. Maybe send her a pm and ask her about it. She may not know about the stuff itself, but she may be able to tell you how to use it. Just a thought. If you use it, keep us posted on how you think it works.

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Brooklyn , NY
wellington said:
I know,whenever someone ask about putting something on the shell, emysemys always tells them not to put it on the growth lines, in between the scutes. Maybe send her a pm and ask her about it. She may not know about the stuff itself, but she may be able to tell you how to use it. Just a thought. If you use it, keep us posted on how you think it works.

Ok yea I def will..I use vitashell once a week but with a micro fiber cloth leaving no residue and then once a month I'm going to be brushing him with an extra soft baby toothbrush durning his soak to make sure there is no build up of anything on him. I'm not even sure about the spray but ill try it out and let the forum know

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
If your using Vita-shell, you dont need anything else. Since this looks like a Liquid vertion of Vita-shell, you might concider using one or the other...not both at the same time.

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Brooklyn , NY
Zamric said:
If your using Vita-shell, you dont need anything else. Since this looks like a Liquid vertion of Vita-shell, you might concider using one or the other...not both at the same time.

Thanks yea I'm not crazy about this either think im just gonna return it

Status
Not open for further replies.