Zenia The Yellowfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Northwest FL
I recently took in a 13in female yellowfoot tortoise from a fellow forum member. I originally had not planned on getting into the species, but when I saw her I couldnt help but take her home! I have never owned a yellowfoot, but from what I have read they are extremely shy. In that case I think this girl missed that memo becuase she will walk up to me and let me take nice pictures of her!

Here she is, Zenia.
IMG_6430.jpg

IMG_6429.jpg

IMG_6428.jpg

IMG_6431.jpg

Here is her enclosure, it is about 40ftx8ft. During the winter time I am going to add lots of plants, a pool, and heated shelter.
IMG_6432.jpg

She is so beautiful and I hope to find her an equally handsome mate in the near future, but as for now she is just a wonderful pet, and a great addition to my "collection"!

Thanks everybody!

yellowfoot

5 Year Member
Illinois
She has amazing color! I love yellowfoots! I have two and mine aren't shy at all.

MichiLove

5 Year Member
New Orleans
She's beautiful and has such a nice shell! That's a nice home you have for her!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
John, you have successfully made me very jealous with all your beautiful redfoots and the marvelous hatchlings they produced, and now you hustle me with this gorgeous yellowfoot with a heart-melting personality!?

You're killing me, man! :p

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Haha, sorry to do that to you man, but thanks!! :D Now that I think about it, I havent even shown yall everyone in my entire group of redfoots! I'll have to do that sometime in the near future, when things begin to slowwww dowwwn!

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

Redstrike said:
John, you have successfully made me very jealous with all your beautiful redfoots and the marvelous hatchlings they produced, and now you hustle me with this gorgeous yellowfoot with a heart-melting personality!?

You're killing me, man! :p

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I am getting one of his redfoot hatchlings, he is beautiful! Imagine what his yellow foots will look like!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
jrcrist4 said:
Haha, sorry to do that to you man, but thanks!! :D Now that I think about it, I havent even shown yall everyone in my entire group of redfoots! I'll have to do that sometime in the near future, when things begin to slowwww dowwwn!

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

We'd love to see more of the redfoot herd!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Wow!! The first pic would be great for the calendar contest. We need more pics. I love your enclosure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.