Your Fav Indoor Enclosure Pics---Please show off!!!

Prairie Mom

We're making a few small improvements to our indoor closed chamber and I'm looking to you guys for inspiration! :)

Please show off your favorite OLD and NEW Enclosure Photos

and Help Everyone Feel Welcome to Contribute!

I'm particularly interested in interiors that are comfortable for the tortoise,
as well as nice to look at. I'd love to see your interior spaces, hides,
tortoise friendly décor, and learn about your tortoise safe plants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prairie Mom

View attachment 114559i used a 7x3 bookcase and bought a greenhouse to go over and it creates it's own humidity just from the moist coir and CHE. It unzips in the front on either side. It was $30.
I've never seen anyone else do this! This is a really cool example for all the posts you see where people are concerned about having the time to build. Thanks Kathy!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I love it! That's right when I put it up so there wasn't any humidity yet! It is so easy. There are a couple of members who have this. I just can't remember who.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi Kathy

Did you grow nasturtium inside your enclosure or else where? I like the idea of your enclosure. Can you just lift off the greenhouse part for when you clean it out?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I grew it outside. Yes, you could just lift it off because it's light. Except, you would have to unzip tie the lights which hangs from the frame. But with the two zippers you can just flip up the plastic and clean.

KTyne

5 Year Member
Chilliwack, BC
View attachment 114559i used a 7x3 bookcase and bought a greenhouse to go over and it creates it's own humidity just from the moist coir and CHE. It unzips in the front on either side. It was $30.

That's awesome! I was also looking for ideas of how to set up my girl in a larger enclosure, this would be perfect!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Some of my fav. photos taken of/in the leopard hatchling chamber..

21nr5w1.jpg

2n8bj0n.jpg

6yjhjs.jpg

2z8p08i.jpg

9uq98p.jpg

121vlmp.jpg

dha5nc.jpg

1pib20.jpg

..too much? lol

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
This was the prettiest set up but on the small side.
It's a 40gallon Zilla reptile tank and was only used for new hatchlings.
I also had a 55 gallon tote chamber for when they got larger.
Plus the little babies had a 5'x 3' outdoor pen and the larger ones had a 17'x 8' outdoor pen and a 20'x 6' outdoor pen.

Prairie Mom

This was the prettiest set up but on the small side.
It's a 40gallon Zilla reptile tank and was only used for new hatchlings.
Hello:) I have a couple questions...Are the walls covered in a photo background of plants that came with the tank? (If so, it looks great and really helps it appear bigger and more lush.) Could you also tell me anything you remember/know about the live plants in your container...names, tort edible, etc

I like how you made the interior terrain a little "hilly" and your use of rocks. Your photos reminded me that I need to make the terrain a little more diverse in my enclosure. I've been too flat-Thanks!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I bought a roll of aquarium wallpaper from Petsmart. They sell different sizes and different scenes so you can get one you like and one to fit you tank.

I adhered the background to the outside of the glass on the back and on 1 side of the tank. Since the chamber was in a corner I could see in from the front and the exposed side while the other 2 had the pretty background. I loved it. I did it for me, not them. IMO they could care less about the background. I never had a problem with torts scratching on the glass either.

I started off with fake plants and switched to live plants after about a year and a half. I was so glad I did. With enough lighting, they thrive in the humid chambers. I never specifically watered them yet I had to trim them back often.
I kept all the plants in their little pots but the roots would creep out of the bottom holes to ground into the coir. I redecorated fairly often and keeping them potted helped this. I also trimmed back the roots when I moved them. Trimmed just to the edge of the pot, if that makes sense.
The pots also helped me keep the lower leaves on the plants trimmed just out of tort reach. Most of the plants were labeled "tropical foliage" and purchased from Home Depot in the indoor plant section. I knew some were ferns or pothos but regardless I didn't really want them eaten. I kept food in the enclosure all day and occasionally even sowed clover seeds so they did have sprouts to graze on. I also transplanted patches of weeds from the outside so they had grazing areas. The tank was just never as pretty during those times ;)
Also, I never used the Home Depot plants with juvenile or larger leopards. Just the little babies that I could keep the plants "out of reach".
When the bigger Leopards were given live plants, they were ones I started in pots from seeds. Sometimes they lasted a little while, most of the time they were eaten quickly. Their chamber was a tub so I didn't worry about it being pretty. I did make their outdoor home pretty though ;)

Hope this helps.