Youngster Eastern Box Turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Had the opportunity to purchase this little eastern yesterday, I don't usually buy them but this one caught my eye, so I brought it home. It's shell is a little more elongated than most easterns and the shell color is close to the little one that I kept that hatched out here in the fall of 2010.Here's a couple pics, the larger one is the new one. I hope they are a pair, time will tell

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think I would have found it hard to resist too. What an interesting shell.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
emysemys said:
I think I would have found it hard to resist too. What an interesting shell.

I have seen a lot of easterns in my time and don't remember one this elongated, it can be seen a little better in the first pic, There is and old gentleman that used to work at the National Zoo that stops by every couple weeks, He is looking for a male with the old German helmet shape shell, I have seen a lot of those in the past but not any recently,with easterns you can go colors or shapes,or both

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Very nice Len. Someone brought me one last Fall, with a very similar shape and pattern. A female. He said he had her for a year and couldn't keep her anymore. She was in a rabbit cage, but looks good.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
I like the super bright colors. You got some gems there! Hope they are a pair too.

Steve

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
j333fernandez said:
They are gorgeous!!!! May I ask where you bought them?

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.