Young Sulcata Looking For A New Home

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
A friend of mine has come to the difficult decision that giving her tortoise up for adoption would be the best thing for him. This guy has been vey well cared for, soaked daily and living in a large closed chamber. He's been fed a huge variety of weeds and leaves and all kinds of good foods. He's almost 4 pounds, 8.5 inches, and he'll be three years old in February.

He is free to a good home. No flippers please. He is in Georgia and preference will be given to anyone within driving distance to avoid shipping. I'm posting this adoption ad in the "For Sale" section because I can't attach pics in the "Adoptions" section. The price for this tortoise is a good home with a large closed chamber and a large outdoor enclosure for fair weather.
IMG_2421.JPG
IMG_2422.JPGIMG_2423.JPG

gurgleblaster

Charlotte
What part of georgia I am about 3 hours away from atlanta residing in north Carolina. We have 2 acres and plenty of room. Let me know if this will work.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What part of georgia I am about 3 hours away from atlanta residing in north Carolina. We have 2 acres and plenty of room. Let me know if this will work.
He's near ATL. Do you have a large closed chamber already set up and running for the rest of winter? If not, would you like to buy the one he's already in and haul it home?

gurgleblaster

Charlotte
He's near ATL. Do you have a large closed chamber already set up and running for the rest of winter? If not, would you like to buy the one he's already in and haul it home?
I would have to build one for him as my current chamber is for Herman's. But I have a wood shop and would only take me an afternoon to build the additions necessary ( I enjoy that part ). Would rather not haul a large chamber my suv isn't really suited for that.

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
This wouldn’t be one of Mark’s big enclosures, would it? If so, I highly recommend gurgleblaster (or the eventual adopter) buy it. I would consider the drive for that by itself...

gurgleblaster

Charlotte
I just don't have the means to transport a large enclosure for a sulcata I would consider it though if we could figure out how to break it down etc.

Although it just might be easier to build his forever home now. Was just going through the care sheet though. If the owner would like to see details for my enclosure plans I would be happy to share them before I build anything.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This wouldn’t be one of Mark’s big enclosures, would it? If so, I highly recommend gurgleblaster (or the eventual adopter) buy it. I would consider the drive for that by itself...
Its an animal plastics, 48x96x24 inches. I'd buy it if I could get it home!

gurgleblaster

Charlotte
I can check the dimensions of my vehicle to see if it would fit but that's massive lmao don't know if it would clear the trunk width

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
Its an animal plastics, 48x96x24 inches. I'd buy it if I could get it home!

If gurgleblaster adopts the tortoise but decides to build a new enclosure, let me know what your friend wants for the old one. I could put that to good use.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I can check the dimensions of my vehicle to see if it would fit but that's massive lmao don't know if it would clear the trunk width
I think you could rent a truck from Home Depot or UHaul for $19 a day. Probably some hidden taxes and fees in there, but that's what it says on the side of the truck. You really can't get, or build, a more perfect enclosure, and it will last until he's too big to live inside.

gurgleblaster

Charlotte
I think you could rent a truck from Home Depot or UHaul for $19 a day. Probably some hidden taxes and fees in there, but that's what it says on the side of the truck. You really can't get, or build, a more perfect enclosure, and it will last until he's too big to live inside.
True. I guess depends on the mileage it adds up on long distance trips vs in the city. Let me know how much he wants for it and I'll talk it over with wife.