You know youve been bitten by the tortoise bug when...

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Hi All,

Just a topic I thought would be fun, every one can "fill in the blanks"....be creative!

1) You now examine every odd object in your house to see if you can macguyver it into a usable tort tool...

2) Instead of borrowing a cup of sugar, you ask your neighbors to give you their veggie trimmings...

Lets see what ya all got! :)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You stop on your way home to pick weeds and wild flowers for them to eat.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
TommyZ said:

You start turning over rocks and debris in the woods, looking for Rollie Pollies.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Fun thread! I'll bite..

1. You start *really* noticing people's yards to see if what they have is tort friendly then thinking about taking seeds to propagate in your own yard. (Yes.. I think in a past life I was a klepto)
2. You keep imagining what the master bedroom would look like with a foot+ deep of substrate. Then daydreaming about what plants you'd want and where it'd be placed. You know, after you rig the ceiling/roof to open and close at the push of a button.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
You walk, not one, but two big huge shaggy dogs ... you scope out all empty lots that you know are not being managed ... you look left ... you look right ... you take out your hori hori knife ... you stab the ground quickly ... you lift the plantain (or dandelion, or ??) ... you quickly put it in your bag ... you may do it again and again if there is a stand of weeds ... you can't help yourself ... and you act like you just picked up dog poop ... lots of it ... you are .... a guerilla weeder tortoise food taker.

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Rome, OH
You join the tortoise forum because your boyfriend says "Can we please not talk about tortoises today?"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TortForum mobile app

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Nicole said:
You join the tortoise forum because your boyfriend says "Can we please not talk about tortoises today?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
When aalllll u talk about and plan is ur house and house it has to be perfect for the tortoises and not us haha and u cant have one conversation with out tortoises coming up

please and thank you

HelenP

5 Year Member
Apple Valley, California
Nicole said:

LOL I have had this line also and the rolling of the eyes lol:p

When you do a happy dance, while waving a bunch of Organic Dandelions you just found in the produce department of Albertsons lol

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
You see this and add: Others see tortoise food.

_________
~ Shelly ~

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380256907912.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380256907912.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 225

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Hahaha!

All hilarious and so true!

When you have your whole family making sure torts are in for the night. (Cause if they are forgotten, all you know what's gonna break lose!)

Kathy Coles

5 Year Member
North Carolina
You're broke, can't afford to go to dinner, yet spend $172 for a tortoise heating pad (credit card of course) because he NEEDS it.

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
Every garden & large planter you see you think to yourself "ooh that would make an awesome tort enclosure!"

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
1. When you have a bad day at work and all you want to do is go home and be with your torties.

2. When you go to Lowes/Home Depot or garden center and you pick up Hibiscus flowers off the ground and stuff it in your purse.

3. When the last thing you do before you go to sleep and the first thing you do when you wake up is check Tortoise Forum for new threads!

OCTortoiseGuy

10 Year Member!
Orange County, CA
When you look out your window at work and see Dandelion weeds that have gone to seed and you get up, go collect all the seeds and then go home and plant them in your yard.

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Austin, TX
You spend more money upgrading an outdoor tortoise habitat than making updates to the inside of your own house.

BodaTort1 said:
2. When you go to Lowes/Home Depot or garden center and you pick up Hibiscus flowers off the ground and stuff it in your purse.

HAHAHAHA...I have totally done this!

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
When your friends and neighbours start referring to you as "The Crazy Tortoise Lady."

When tattoo a tortoise onto your body!

BodaTort1 said:

Yep...been there! :) My kids are embarrassed to go to a nursery with me!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Your replies are hilarious! I love this!
I think my fb friends are about sick of seeing pictures of my boxie. I post as many pictures of her as I do my 3 kids. She's just so pretty!! At least here I can post a picture of her digging with her butt sticking up in the air, call it "cute" and people not think I'm insane.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]