You know youve been bitten by the tortoise bug when...

TommyZ

5 Year Member
All good ones! Nice job everyone!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

TortLaw

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
When you know that you will have your own house built a few years down the road, and you're already planning the attic to be a finished attic, a whole room just for the torts, with skylights that open up to let the sunshine in every sunny day.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
TortLaw said:
When you know that you will have your own house built a few years down the road, and you're already planning the attic to be a finished attic, a whole room just for the torts, with skylights that open up to let the sunshine in every sunny day.

Brilliant idea!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
I'm really ill.....
I've had Basenjis (African Barkless Dogs) for 22 years, and now tortoises...and my tiny, single income, crappy vet tech salary has a meager grocery budget...and more is spent on high quality dog food, and arm loads of organic greens for the torts....then I spend what is leftover on a few tidbits for myself.
Wouldn't have it any other way. [GROWING HEART][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][TURTLE]

Wait....I've got another...

When you sit down in your favorite chair with a blanket, a snugly dog, and a good book for an afternoon of quiet reading....the new book being "Health Care And Rehabilitation of Turtles and Tortoises", and commence reading it from cover to cover.

[GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Twice

[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
When you are sitting on the floor watching TV and you reach for your coffee and get the crap scared out of you by your Russian Tortoise who is free roaming the living room because it is a bit chilly and rainy out and you had to go find him in the pitch black and rain because you were worried about him.

Also, I have done everything everybody has said here!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
LOL

That's my house today. Everyone is loose in the living room and exploring. I love it when they cross paths, check one another out, maybe exchange a few unpleasantries, then continue on. LOL

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
You explain to every neighbour adjacent to you that spraying there lawn with pesticides is dangerous cause it could get into your dandelion friendly yard and poison the tortoise (of course your holding the tortoise for impact) and now the neighbors are bringing big juicy dandelions they are so proud to have grown. Lol.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
When you wake up on your birthday (today), walk right past the wrapped box on the table with my name on it. To go into the torts room to say goodmornin to the tort, lol

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
TommyZ said:
When you wake up on your birthday (today), walk right past the wrapped box on the table with my name on it. To go into the torts room to say goodmornin to the tort, lol

Happy birthday! Did the torts have gifts for you too? Lol

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Re: RE: You know youve been bitten by the tortoise bug when...

Sh3wulf said:
TommyZ said:

Happy birthday! Did the torts have gifts for you too? Lol

Of course, tortellini greeted me at his chamber door like always with a big smile. :) kinda funny how he knows im coming now, and will get up and mosey over to have a head pet, lol.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
TommyZ said:

you didnt tell me you lived with your mom! :p;):p:D:p;):p

*GOT YA *
:D

HAPPY B~DAY!

TommyZ

5 Year Member

N2TORTS said:
TommyZ said:

you didnt tell me you lived with your mom! :p;):p:D:p;):p

*GOT YA *
:D

HAPPY B~DAY!

ROFL, no way id of offed myself longgg ago. You ever met an over protective Italian Mama? LOL...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
When you'd rather stay home to watch your torts and come on TFO to see what all the other tort crazies are talking about:p :D

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas

wellington said:
When you'd rather stay home to watch your torts and come on TFO to see what all the other tort crazies are talking about:p :D

Thats exactly what my hubby says about me. I never ever have left them the torts home alone. I would so much rather be with them and here on TFO learning.:)

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Would love a vid of Tortellini coming to greet you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
sissyofone said:
wellington said:

Thats exactly what my hubby says about me. I never ever have left them the torts home alone. I would so much rather be with them and here on TFO learning.:)

Okay, you are taking it a little too far:p :D. You do need to cut the egg sack:p. and get out a little:p :D :)

Dafish

5 Year Member
Taiwan
Nicole said:
You join the tortoise forum because your boyfriend says "Can we please not talk about tortoises today?"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TortForum mobile app
hahahaha....
Nice one ...:)