You know you have a tortoise when...

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
... when your friends always ask how your tortoise is.
.... when your wife suffers tortoise envy
..... when the lettuce seller knows who the lettuce is for and is amazed how quickly she gets through one.
....... when you can't have children, so the tortoise really is your little girl. and gets sooo much love.

puffy137

... When a stranger knocks on the door, and looks rather embarrassed they misunderstood the red light shining through the curtain(I live across from a pub).[/
Pub? Pub? What is this pub of which you speak ? could it be The Rose & Crown , The Pig & whistle, or The Tortoise & the Hare ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
.......when you open the door and find a bunch of dandelions on the step.................some women get flowers I get dandies - thanks to a considerate neighbour last autumn!

ShannonC

South Carolina
When you get a nasty letter from the power company saying you use the most electricity on the block, and they are suspicious of illegal activity;)

So, I never thought it would happen, but we got that letter last week!! LOL Letting us know that we use more electricity than anyone else in the neighborhood! Even put the info on a color coded graph for us!! I thought about taking pictures of all the reptile enclosures and light fixtures and sending it back! LOL

Donna/Turbo

Banner Elk, NC
So, I never thought it would happen, but we got that letter last week!! LOL Letting us know that we use more electricity than anyone else in the neighborhood! Even put the info on a color coded graph for us!! I thought about taking pictures of all the reptile enclosures and light fixtures and sending it back! LOL

Oh no...they are going to think you are growing more than reptiles. I owned a graphics company and would get those letters all the time.

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
When my neighbor see's me pulling weeds and runs out in his yard saying "over here I have some over here". Then I have to explain the weeds I am pulling are not tortoises food.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I think we got the same letter :) ;)

puffy137

Crikey , this sounds like Big Brother is watching You !

ShannonC

South Carolina
They even sent me some brochures on things we can do to help reduce our energy consumption....lol....I do feel a little violated! Haha!!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
They even sent me some brochures on things we can do to help reduce our energy consumption....lol....I do feel a little violated! Haha!!
I would send them brochures from a local tortoise rescue:p

ShannonC

South Carolina
I would send them brochures from a local tortoise rescue:p

That might be better than the pictures I wanted to take and send!! Haha! Our house is a zoo!! We have 2 dogs (was 3 til recently :( ), 3 cats, A 75 gallon fish tank, a 30 gallon fish tank, a 75 gallon tank with Axolotls, a 75 gallon winter tank for my 2 RES, and between me and my daughter, we have 5 Beardies, 1 snake, 3 Leopard Geckos, 2 Frogs, and 3 tortoises (very soon to be 4).......all with their own enclosures!!! (except the 2 frogs who live together) That's a LOT of heat, light and filtration!!! .......oh yeah....also 2 Parrots and 20 chickens, plus I raise my own Dubia roaches and mealworms for the Beardies, Geckos nd chickens!!

I have had to stop working recently due to health problems, so now I am home all day using more power myself....lol.... they should be giving us a prize for being their best customers in the neighborhood!!!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
That might be better than the pictures I wanted to take and send!! Haha! Our house is a zoo!! We have 2 dogs (was 3 til recently :( ), 3 cats, A 75 gallon fish tank, a 30 gallon fish tank, a 75 gallon tank with Axolotls, a 75 gallon winter tank for my 2 RES, and between me and my daughter, we have 5 Beardies, 1 snake, 3 Leopard Geckos, 2 Frogs, and 3 tortoises (very soon to be 4).......all with their own enclosures!!! (except the 2 frogs who live together) That's a LOT of heat, light and filtration!!! .......oh yeah....also 2 Parrots and 20 chickens, plus I raise my own Dubia roaches and mealworms for the Beardies, Geckos nd chickens!!

I have had to stop working recently due to health problems, so now I am home all day using more power myself....lol.... they should be giving us a prize for being their best customers in the neighborhood!!!
No kidding! They should be giving you a platinum status:p

Reactions: Evy