You know you have a tortoise when...

DanaRae60

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Clemente, California
Standing in line at the supermarket looking at all the lovely fresh fruit I'm buying for our birds or the organic dandelion or spring mix for our tortoise and all I am buying for us is a frozen pizza.

So excited to find coco coir bricks on sale that I texted my husband to tell him.

Feeling like a total winner when our tortoise poops during his warm water soak.

Tyanna

Wisconsin
... when you're searching for a terra cotta pot base in Home Depot and have to finally explain why you don't want a nice glazed one. Dude... the tortoise can't climb out if it's slippery!

I've gotten to know the lady in the green house at my Milaeger's so well that when I come in she already knows what I want and what I don't want. She's learning about tortoises because of me. :p

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
When the police knock on your door and tell you they've been monitoring your heat and electricity usage and have reason to believe you've been growing weed. And you say yes sir I have, but not the kind you are thinking about.

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
When the biggest fight with your wife all year is about how the tortoise gets more backyard space than the dogs or the humans do.

When the second biggest fight you have is about how you grow 5 different varieties of weeds for your tortoise but won't plant a single tomato for your wife ( I HATE growing tomatoes)...

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
When the police knock on your door and tell you they've been monitoring your heat and electricity usage and have reason to believe you've been growing weed. And you say yes sir I have, but not the kind you are thinking about.
For real!? Well that's definitely the best so far!

Ida

........When my friends share tortoise stuff with me cause they know I'm a lover.
........When weeds are okay in the back yard.
........When you have a stuff animal desert tortoise in your car.

This was a lot of fun....Thanks! Love everyone's response.

Ciri

5 Year Member
Tucson
When you have a baby scale in the house, but have never had a human baby.

When you buy a kitchen scale to weigh box turtles and young tortoises, only to discover years later that it's actually a handy tool when it comes to preparing your recipes.

kdub

Clearwater, FL
... when the first thing you notice while looking at pix of other set ups is that they have the same thermometer as you! Lol! (You know which one I'm talking about - the $10 combo thermometer hygrometer from Home Depot)