you just won the Powerball what would you do?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
you're the sole winner of the 450 million dollar Powerball, what do you do?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well I just heard on the news that if you take it all at once, after taxes you would only get about 165 of it. So, even though that would still buy a lot, not sure I want to lose that much. So first thing, I call my accountant and have him crunch out the best way to claim it.
Then, those that asked or hinted for money gets ZERO. Family and maybe friends would get things paid off for them, but no money into their hands to blow and then ask for more, except my parents, they get cash in hand. Then of course anything we owe gets paid off and we take a vacation and maybe buy a vacation home. The rest goes into a bank or under mattress.:D

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'm too boring and sensible for this thread. A reliable vehicle, a sensible house, a heated shed for the redfoots, a tropical vacation and then back to work.

yillt

I'd buy a new hose for my family with a large heated she'd and enclosure for Billy then I'd also buy a few more pets and I'd keep the rest for hen I'm older

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
big big big spacious home enough to house all my dream animals mostly reptiles lol and probably someone i'd trust enough to hire on as a helping hand with all the animals a 68-69 chevelle malibu 65 el camino 73 challenger 56 bell air lowered a little bit to cruz in all them would have beastly engines tho oh and probably a 66 Lincoln with suicide doors low rider status lol plus various year's of harley's and indian motorcycles

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Anything I could think of !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Never gonna' happen. In order to win, you have to play. I don't play Powerball. Now California's Supper Lotto is another story. I do play that. There's no way in the world I would ever want that much money.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Never gonna' happen. In order to win, you have to play. I don't play Powerball. Now California's Supper Lotto is another story. I do play that. There's no way in the world I would ever want that much money.

You are welcome to give as much away to me as you want! :) I would do that for you. You know… take it off your hands as a favor since you wouldn't want that much. I'm buying you a ticket this morning. I'm writing your name on your ticket too.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
I'd buy a huge lump of land, build a huge house and make the pets AMAZING enclosures.
Give some to charity etc...

And I'd quit school and just live life on a farm. :p

And have huge tree houses built for me and my siblings (one each) and it would be my animal room.

Basically...
I'd buy loads more animals :D

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I rarely play the Powerball but I'm going to buy a ticket 4 a chance small it May be. if I win haha I plan to help a couple people here on the forum, buy a couple hundred acres and build the most largest most awesome tortoise compound ever. every species you can imagine and maybe a few you can not. I probably buy myself a new kidney. unfortunately this kind of money is both a blessing and a curse

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Disappear. That's what I'd want the follow-up to be when some jacka$$ does some sort of show regarding past winners. We Don't know what happened to Will, he disappeared. I would set up a perpetuity with the actual $$, and spend my days doing field work with tortoises. Fully trained w/ 16 years experience and no employment. So, I'd just do it anyways.

I did hear once to play the same numbers multiple times each rotation so if you win you get twice as much. That's how it works right??

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
where's will?