Yellowfoot tortoise feeding question

Parais11

Location (City and/or State)
Plainview ny
Hello and HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!!!

IMG_0108.jpgIMG_0107.jpgIMG_0077.jpgI have read the tortoise library food suggestions and have done some of my own research as well. The question being, how much fruit is too much fruit for yellowfoots? I know they are thought to eat more than reds (I believe) but what’s too much? A little bit mixed in with each feeding? Once a week? Once a month? The same goes for proteins. I have heard of people using low fat dog or cat food, is this any good? Or should you stick to earthworks and boiled chicken and eggs? Greens and vegetables, I have that down pat. Just wondering about the other stuff. Here are a few pictures of my Wolley. Thanks everyone and have a wonderful weekend.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hello and HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!!!

View attachment 275158View attachment 275159View attachment 275160I have read the tortoise library food suggestions and have done some of my own research as well. The question being, how much fruit is too much fruit for yellowfoots? I know they are thought to eat more than reds (I believe) but what’s too much? A little bit mixed in with each feeding? Once a week? Once a month? The same goes for proteins. I have heard of people using low fat dog or cat food, is this any good? Or should you stick to earthworks and boiled chicken and eggs? Greens and vegetables, I have that down pat. Just wondering about the other stuff. Here are a few pictures of my Wolley. Thanks everyone and have a wonderful weekend.
Your going to get several opinions on this I don't think there's a set standard. I feed my Redfoots greens and some kind of fruit everyday. Protein once a week. Just switch it up and feed a lot of variety. Not the same thing two days in a row.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I feed my YF tortoises greens daily, fruit and animal protein two or three times a week. some of the animal protein I use: Wellness brand venison/sweet potato canned dog food, Purina Pro Plan moistened dry cat food, hard boiled eggs, cooked chicken, snails, fish, etc.