Yellow Bumps on 7 month old sulcata legs

jessicalynch

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Hi, my name is Jessica. I'm new here. I have a 7 month old new African sulcata tortoise. Over the past week I've noticed little yellow bumps on her legs and now one on her neck. Her diet consists of spring mix, kale, mustard greens and cactus leaves. She lives in the zoo med tortoise house with a basking lamp and uv light but also spends a lot of time outdoors. I'm concerned about these spots and can't find much information about them. Help! Does she need to see a vet? She's eating and acting normal as far as I can tell. I've only had her for about a month. Thank you! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1503280505.445012.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1503280524.060318.jpg

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Welcome to the forum! I wish I could help, but I've never really heard of anything like this.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hard to tell just by seeing it in a picture, but my first impression was that it's just skin that is getting ready to peel off. Be sure to soak him daily for about 15 minutes.

Kasia

Poland
Hard to tell just by seeing it in a picture, but my first impression was that it's just skin that is getting ready to peel off. Be sure to soak him daily for about 15 minutes.
I agree with Yvonne, what substrate do you use? Is it hard enough to support his back legs properly? It shouldn't be slippery...It looks like he is rubbing his back leg skin on his shell and the skin had gone rough in those spots.

acis

California
Hi Jessica my turtle has the same problem where you able to find out what the yellow bumbs were?

cansuncer

California
Mine sulcata hatchlings have the same. Eats, roams and seems overall happy but has these yellow bumps on the skin. Any feedback on what it is? I’m not sure if I should be worried or now. E747B49C-138A-42CC-AC90-250576476B2B.jpeg

hadeed1

michigan
Hi, my name is Jessica. I'm new here. I have a 7 month old new African sulcata tortoise. Over the past week I've noticed little yellow bumps on her legs and now one on her neck. Her diet consists of spring mix, kale, mustard greens and cactus leaves. She lives in the zoo med tortoise house with a basking lamp and uv light but also spends a lot of time outdoors. I'm concerned about these spots and can't find much information about them. Help! Does she need to see a vet? She's eating and acting normal as far as I can tell. I've only had her for about a month. Thank you! View attachment 216129View attachment 216130
have u seen any success ? i have the same problem!!

hadeed1

michigan
Mine sulcata hatchlings have the same. Eats, roams and seems overall happy but has these yellow bumps on the skin. Any feedback on what it is? I’m not sure if I should be worried or now. View attachment 299277
have you seen any success with anything? my baby tortoise have the same problem! please let me know!

Rigardoadventure

Jakarta

I think i solved it, i posted the detail here

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This appears to be a bacterial infection. Other members have had success going to the vet and getting antibiotics.

Can you all please tell us where your tortoises came from? We are trying to pinpoint where this infection is coming from.

hadeed1

michigan
This appears to be a bacterial infection. Other members have had success going to the vet and getting antibiotics.

Can you all please tell us where your tortoises came from? We are trying to pinpoint where this infection is coming from.
Underground Reptiles

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi, my name is Jessica. I'm new here. I have a 7 month old new African sulcata tortoise. Over the past week I've noticed little yellow bumps on her legs and now one on her neck. Her diet consists of spring mix, kale, mustard greens and cactus leaves. She lives in the zoo med tortoise house with a basking lamp and uv light but also spends a lot of time outdoors. I'm concerned about these spots and can't find much information about them. Help! Does she need to see a vet? She's eating and acting normal as far as I can tell. I've only had her for about a month. Thank you!
In addition to solving the problem of the yellow spots, you've got some incorrect housing info. Give this a read through:

Don't delay. Every day your tortoise spends in that incorrect housing does irreparable damage to the carapace that cannot be undone.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
@Tom i have one tortoise same problem I got from Underground reptiles a few weeks ago!
@Yoozie Please do us a favor and start a new thread for your tortoise in the Tortoise Health section. You can can call it something like Yellow Bumps on Baby Sulcata (maybe with your location behind it).

@mastershake - Another one connected to a seller in Florida.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I have the same problem too with mines and I got it from Underground reptiles as well lmk on how to cure it thanks!.
@Azn dessert Please do us a favor and start a new thread for your tortoise here in the Tortoise Health section. Make sure you include "Yellow bumps" somewhere in the title. The separate thread will help us keep the cases straight.

@Tom @mastershake This is the third one connected to Underground Reptiles, at least that we've seen on the TFO.

Reactions: Tom

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
My baby sulcata's bumps is falling off the 2nd day by itself after putting eczema medicine on it works wonder!.
Good to hear that your little one seems to be feeling better. Did you get pictures of the bumps, by any chance? Still interested in what caused them in the first place... ?

shawnateerow

Maurice
Same problem with my baby sulcTa and a yellow bump that got bigger and is hard. I also got from underground reptiles. I posted a separate thread for baby skin issue in the health section but the replies really scared me! Have you had success? Please help!!

Attachments

• 20200918_154442.jpg
    20200918_154442.jpg
    766.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200918_154818.jpg
    20200918_154818.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 30

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Same problem with my baby sulcTa and a yellow bump that got bigger and is hard. I also got from underground reptiles. I posted a separate thread for baby skin issue in the health section but the replies really scared me! Have you had success? Please help!!
When I look up your location (Maurice), I get Louisiana. Is that right?