Yellow Bumps on 7 month old sulcata legs

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
Yes it is
I replied back in your other thread. Let's at least see what your options look like on finding a reptile veterinarian, and maybe we can figure out a plan.

shawnateerow

Maurice
I replied back in your other thread. Let's at least see what your options look like on finding a reptile veterinarian, and maybe we can figure out a plan.
I found the only one nearly. Wexler in lafayette. They charged me 25 for visit and 55$ fee for the "exotic" exam for Bonnie, one of my other babies who isn't eating. She gave her an antibiotic shot and printed me a pamphlet on sulcata tortoise care. I asked her about feeding her baby food so that she has SOMETHING, and she said let me do some research then wrote half carrot baby food and half water on my printout and wants to see her back in a week. First off, I know not to feed her straight carrots because of all the sugar. Second, I noticed afterward that her jaw is messed up and only one half closes, which I assume is why she can't chew any greens..so I am giving her baby food made of greens, whatever I can find with the lowest sugar..which she is enthusiastic to eat. Long term, im not sure what to do, and if this problem will correct itself, or get worse. As far as any actual knowledge, I don't trust this vet?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I found the only one nearly. Wexler in lafayette. They charged me 25 for visit and 55$ fee for the "exotic" exam for Bonnie, one of my other babies who isn't eating. She gave her an antibiotic shot and printed me a pamphlet on sulcata tortoise care. I asked her about feeding her baby food so that she has SOMETHING, and she said let me do some research then wrote half carrot baby food and half water on my printout and wants to see her back in a week. First off, I know not to feed her straight carrots because of all the sugar. Second, I noticed afterward that her jaw is messed up and only one half closes, which I assume is why she can't chew any greens..so I am giving her baby food made of greens, whatever I can find with the lowest sugar..which she is enthusiastic to eat. Long term, im not sure what to do, and if this problem will correct itself, or get worse. As far as any actual knowledge, I don't trust this vet?
No its 50% water and 50% carrot puree for soaks. Use this as your soaking mix to allow them to take in the nutrients while soaking

Yoozie

Appleton
@Pastel Tortie
Sorry I missed your replies! Thanks for taking the time to respond to me when I originally posted!

The tort is really good now, had a horrible start and is now growing so fast! No more yellow bumps either!

If you get some time I would love to ask you a couple of questions!

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
@Pastel Tortie
Sorry I missed your replies! Thanks for taking the time to respond to me when I originally posted!

The tort is really good now, had a horrible start and is now growing so fast! No more yellow bumps either!

I'm glad to hear that. We want to see plenty of updates from you to see your little one's progress. Especially over the next several months.

Feel free to start a new thread, and we'll try to get your questions answered. :)

shawnateerow

Maurice
@Pastel Tortie

Sure, go for it! And what got rid of the yellow bumps???

Yoozie

Appleton
I don’t know what got rid of them, was watching them to see if they got worse, the tort shed a lot of skin and they’ve completely disappeared.
Substrate I have a huge amount, it’s really deep!
It’s cypress mulch, coco coir and a top soil with lots of sphagnum moss and some pillow moss.
I originally had different substrate sections with living grasses and wildflowers growing, but because it wasn’t a sealed habitat I had to remove them to get the heat closer!
Soak minimum once a day, twice a day if they’re out in the afternoon, but if they go right down deep into their hide than I leave them alone!

I’m in the process of building them a large enclosure which will take up a whole shelf with two climate zones.

I’ve attached some photos of the temporary mess, I’m using a picture frame to cover most of the enclosure and that keeps humidity at around 80-90%

Underneath their log hide I have a heat pad underneath the plastic tub, have it set with a thermostat to 112 F right now which they don’t like a lot (it’s not that hot in the hide FYI)
If I have it set to 105 they will spend eternity in their, they love it, but I want them to come out and get some UV!

Night time I switch off the UV, basking lamp and the ceramic heat lamp and leave the heat pad on, I put the clear sheet completely over the top and the humidity then gets to 95-100%

Attachments

• 932761EB-1923-46F2-8208-155DAE782314.jpeg
    932761EB-1923-46F2-8208-155DAE782314.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • 9D49304C-A62C-4DD1-9EE9-3E865CE814D2.jpeg
    9D49304C-A62C-4DD1-9EE9-3E865CE814D2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
  • EB131F6E-58C6-4348-A1FE-A92EDB3891DD.jpeg
    EB131F6E-58C6-4348-A1FE-A92EDB3891DD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25

Lenny&Luna

Indianapolis Indiana
Same problem with my baby sulcTa and a yellow bump that got bigger and is hard. I also got from underground reptiles. I posted a separate thread for baby skin issue in the health section but the replies really scared me! Have you had success? Please help!!
I as well bought Lenny and Luna through underground reptiles and had them for several weeks before I realized the bumps were on them and I am using Lotrimin antifungal and it seems to be drying them out but I am just shocked to hear that most of everybody's getting their salgado's from underground reptiles I strongly like them at first but now I'm starting to second-guess how is everybody's treatments going