Yearling Sulcata not growing

JClemTort

Location (City and/or State)
Yorktown
I acquired a sulcata tortoise approximately 7 months ago which if the age previous owner gave me is correct puts him/her being almost 1.5 yrs old. Its very active, incredible appetite, gets soaked at least 2 times a week. But TINY! I work for an exotic pet store and we get hatchlings in almost her size

Enclosure : 20L with mixture of forest floor and reptisoil half of a cork round hide. Ramped water bowl. Basking spot 105 ambient 93. New 10.0 uvb and basking light is a powersun. Enclosure gets misted before lights turn off each night. Temps drop to 72 at night.

Diet: mazuri pellets 2x a week mixed dark leafy greens on other days with occasional shredded carrots. All sprinkled with calcium d3. Occasionally goes outside to graze. Great appetite and will refill bowl if all is eaten.

Any suggestion on why shes not growing??

Attachments

• 20210505_133324.jpg
    20210505_133324.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm putting all my betting money on habitat. From the first minute out of the egg baby sulcatas need to be in a warm (80-85°F day AND night), humid (80 or 90% or more) environment, with fresh drinking water and daily forced soaks.

JClemTort

Yorktown
I'm putting all my betting money on habitat. From the first minute out of the egg baby sulcatas need to be in a warm (80-85°F day AND night), humid (80 or 90% or more) environment, with fresh drinking water and daily forced soaks.
Does my habitat sound good or do I have it too hot? Or are you just referring to its previous environments can still effect growth now. I just recently switched to 2x a week for soaking was doing it every other day

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't allow my baby enclosures to get below 80F day AND night. I use a T5 tube type fluorescent UVB light. And I soak daily for at least 15 minutes.