Thanks in advance!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I think it is, and I think the other one is smooth sow thistle.

moswen

5 Year Member
first one is definitely yarrow... but i can't get my torts to eat it! let me know if you have better luck...

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Swansea, UK
Wow i am glad you pointed that site out, i fed it to him today and he appears to have eaten it, it was only one strand of it though, i quite regularly use that site but hadn't seen that one before, i think i will stop with feeding him that to be on the safe side. Thanks everyone for the replies!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
What I found out about yarrow

Medicinal Action and Uses---Diaphoretic, astringent, tonic, stimulant and mild aromatic.

Yarrow Tea is a good remedy for severe colds, being most useful in the commencement of fevers, and in cases of obstructed perspiration. The infusion is made with 1 OZ. of dried herb to 1 pint of boiling water, drunk warm, in wineglassful doses. It may be sweetened with sugar, honey or treacle, adding a little Cayenne Pepper, and to each dose a teaspoonful of Composition Essence. It opens the pores freely and purifies the blood, and is recommended in the early stages of children's colds, and in measles and other eruptive diseases.

A decoction of the whole plant is employed for bleeding piles, and is good for kidney disorders. It has the reputation also of being a preventative of baldness, if the head be washed with it

artemiss

5 Year Member
That website is pretty handy. As soon as I found it, I bookmarked it knowing that I would need it time and time again. All the other "Plant Identification" websites didnt have pictures, so it was a little tough to click each one and google the latin name, etc. This way you can just click the picture and it tells you if its tort-safe or not. Too bad about the yarrow, Im sure in small quantities it wouldnt do any harm, but Im not going to bother. I have so much of it in my yard too.

S

stells

I have fed Yarrow for the last 4 years... none of mine in that time have had any ill effects from doing so... and all will eat it... i disagree with the tortoise table on this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.