Yard Enclosure Coming Along

ben awes

5 Year Member
25rozfd.jpg

xgfqmq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ben awes

5 Year Member
Our full yard enclosure (also known as a fence!) is coming along. It's coming up on a year at this point! and just in the nick of time. Uncle Bri is nearing 40 pounds and needs the space. Because the lower half is buried 8-12" into the ground, we lost 6 month because of winter up here - couldn't dig. The steel that we put in place last fall is barely showing signs of rust yet. Just a couple steel panels left - and the main gate, and it will be habitable. The upper fencing sections will be much easier as individual boards! Some of these steel sheets weight 175lbs! and are wobbly! Can't wait for Bri to take a stroll.

25rozfd.jpg

xgfqmq.jpg

23m6ct4.jpg

2jv228.jpg

50mdk3.jpg

23qpth.jpg

20tgpxt.jpg

Rue

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Wow! Awesome! I would never have thought to build a steel enclosure!

What do the neighbours think?

Rue

Canada
Very cool! I am totally impressed! :D

Kasia

Poland
Our full yard enclosure (also known as a fence!) is coming along. It's coming up on a year at this point! and just in the nick of time. Uncle Bri is nearing 40 pounds and needs the space. Because the lower half is buried 8-12" into the ground, we lost 6 month because of winter up here - couldn't dig. The steel that we put in place last fall is barely showing signs of rust yet. Just a couple steel panels left - and the main gate, and it will be habitable. The upper fencing sections will be much easier as individual boards! Some of these steel sheets weight 175lbs! and are wobbly! Can't wait for Bri to take a stroll.

25rozfd.jpg

xgfqmq.jpg

23m6ct4.jpg

2jv228.jpg

50mdk3.jpg

23qpth.jpg

20tgpxt.jpg
And where is the VIP;)?

Reactions: Rue

Rue

Canada
Sorry...that was weird...I somehow double posted...

Regardless...I stand by both comments!

ben awes

5 Year Member
Sorry...that was weird...I somehow double posted...

Regardless...I stand by both comments!

actually you triple posted, but i'll accept all three! thanks for the comments. The neighbors are super cool with it. It's not going to look like cold steel. It will all rust and look like old copper pennies - beautiful! it might take a few years, but it'll happen.

Reactions: Rue

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Steel fencing, wow, that's got to be a job. Can't wait to see it all together and the resident enjoying. How old is Uncle Bri now? Do you know the sex for sure yet, Any flashing? I know otherwise too young. Need up dated pic of him, haven't seen him in a while, unless I missed the thread.

ben awes

5 Year Member
Steel fencing, wow, that's got to be a job. Can't wait to see it all together and the resident enjoying. How old is Uncle Bri now? Do you know the sex for sure yet, Any flashing? I know otherwise too young. Need up dated pic of him, haven't seen him in a while, unless I missed the thread.
I'll post some fresh uncle Brian photos soon! My last photos were in April under my uncle Brian update thread

ben awes

5 Year Member
The enclosure is done! (Well, not really :). I still have to install the entire upper half, but it is habitable with no way out – and uncle Brian seems to love it! These are taken early this morning before the guys were out. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471119298.387433.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471119314.860052.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471119328.201246.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471119340.906320.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471119356.580649.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471119410.707847.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wonderful! Uncle Brie will be locked up someplace at night?

ben awes

5 Year Member
Wonderful! Uncle Brie will be locked up someplace at night?
Yvonne, yes, of course! He's never spent a night alone outside yet! Always locked up at night. So far i have to bring him inside, but that will change soon. I'll be building a shed for him adjacent to the yard with direct access.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very nice. However, you give us a pic of his new home and you leave him out of it:mad:. You have been a member way too long to not know better:p:D
Will let you slide this time:)

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Where is uncle bri. I am dying to see him. Show time.. or any link? Recent pics please @ben awes