Wow. Look at this Mexican "green" sea turtle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
ZtGpW4T.jpg

I thought I'd breathe a little life into the sea turtle forum.

It's hard to believe this is real. At first I thought it was a stuffed animal.

bmt123

5 Year Member
RE: Wow. Look at this Mexican "green" sea turtle...

It doesn't get much spectacular than that.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I did a GOOGLE image search to see if I could find the site that tells about this picture, but couldn't find it. I love the extra scutes. That's a beautiful sea turtle.

I looked up both "leucistic" and "albino."

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Yvonne G said:
I did a GOOGLE image search to see if I could find the site that tells about this picture, but couldn't find it. I love the extra scutes. That's a beautiful sea turtle.

Is there anything in particular you want to know? It is said to be from the Sea Turtle Reserve Centre in Kosgoda, Sri Lanka.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Yvonne G said:

I thought it was from Mexico, but I may have been mistaken. Someone on facebook who knows I like torts/turtles sent the pic to me.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
A thread was posted on another forum I belong to where a gentleman in Maldives (supposedly) had THIS turtle (supposedly) and was trying to sell it, claiming that he was getting all sorts of offers for it. The fact that someone would get offers for a turtle like this doesn't surprise me, but I highly doubt this guy "has" this turtle.

I just thought it was interesting since I was just reading this stuff on the other forum.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is probably the most beautiful turtle ever. I don't believe it is real though. Would love to know if it is, but I doubt it.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
There are more than one Leucistic Sea Turtle in captivity. This particular one pictured is the animal in Sri Lanka. Some Sea Turtle headstart programs around the world have seen Leucistics for years since Females nest on the same stretch of beach until either the beach or the Turtle dies......

Depending on where they hatch, some are kept and others are released. I have never seen an albino Green though, just leucistics.........

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
wellington said:
That is probably the most beautiful turtle ever. I don't believe it is real though. Would love to know if it is, but I doubt it.

I GOOGLE'd the name that Jaizei shows and the same turtle comes up, however they still don't give much info on it. (Thanks, Cameron)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I googled just Mexican sea turtle and the only thing that came up was this exact same pic. There was another one similar but had head and leg coloring. Seems too perfect to me.

haidao88

5 Year Member
If it is fake still amazing artwork, but I'd it is real I truly believed I saw a little piece of heaven... Only way to describe the colorations and look

My tortoise Peach hates apples

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
I wish I could show you the one I was talking about, but it was taken down promptly, due to the fact that the guy was trying to sell a turtle that he supposedly had.

Does anyone remember that old story of the 13 albino babies that were found in their nest? Those were a crazy sight. I'll see if I can dig that one up.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
These? http://www.sareptiles.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=25347
Anthony P said:
I wish I could show you the one I was talking about, but it was taken down promptly, due to the fact that the guy was trying to sell a turtle that he supposedly had.

Does anyone remember that old story of the 13 albino babies that were found in their nest? Those were a crazy sight. I'll see if I can dig that one up.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
In the wild, an albino sea turtle like this one would be a sitting duck for a tiger shark. More vulnerable to blindness and skin cancer, too.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
yagyujubei said:
These? http://www.sareptiles.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=25347
Anthony P said:

You're the best!!! Thank you for finding that.

They really do look naked, like newborn baby birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.