wow i didn't know this is where we get cuttlebones from!

Tactical Tort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern CA
So they're just everyday ordinary cows with a brush and blow dry? That's amazing!! I wish i could look so cute with a wash and blow dry lol

Almost. Generally called club calves these are bred to have more hair. They as with most all show cattle are washed, brushed and clipped to look "correct". :)
They even list club calf Bulls in the semen catalogs. All just as dolled up :D lol!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Almost. Generally called club calves these are bred to have more hair. They as with most all show cattle are washed, brushed and clipped to look "correct". :)
They even list club calf Bulls in the semen catalogs. All just as dolled up :D lol!
They certainly don't look like any calves I've seen. Why are they all standing "knee" deep in the grass or whatever? What is the purpose of these cows? Is it just bloodlines for meat or milk production?

Tactical Tort

5 Year Member
Northern CA
They certainly don't look like any calves I've seen. Why are they all standing "knee" deep in the grass or whatever? What is the purpose of these cows? Is it just bloodlines for meat or milk production?

Beauty contest cows is what we always call them ;) lol!
They are made to look pretty. They are edible but petty much look pretty. ;)
They are just crossbred market steers groomed and fluffed and clipped to look "correct" structurally.
Tall grass "looks" better and also hides bad feet in some cases ;)

Last edited:

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Beauty contest cows is what we always call them ;) lol!
They are made to look pretty. They are edible but petty much look pretty. ;)
They are just crossbred market steers groomed and fluffed and clipped to look "correct" structurally.
Tall grass "looks" better and also hides bad feet in some cases ;)
I think the tall grass is hilarious, it makes them look like dwarf cattle. I guess they are like fair steers but dolled up 10 times more. and even I can tell they have a lot more hair :) so do they grow up to be steak or are they a career Show cow? These are my last questions and then we can get back to tortoise tight things.