wow - he's eating like a pig now. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
recently, i wrote a thread about whether i should chop my one year old sulcata's food or not.
to chop or not to chop
i also had another thread bout my
tort not eating
turns out xrays showed he had 4 bladder stones.

but, i'm happy to say that he is now eating like a pig. besides all of the things i'd been doing to keep him hydrated while he was "sick", i also quit chopping up his food so small. now, he gets most things whole. he is chowing down on everything now and i've had to start feeding him twice a day, where before he barely would eat once a day. i'm so glad that he's now eating so well. in the past, he was extremely picky and would only eat spring mix and mazuri, but now he's eating things he wouldn't touch before. i've cut back the mazuri to just once or twice a week, since he now eats all sorts of greens.

i still haven't seen any of those bladder stones pass yet, but we go back in a month or two to see if they've gotten any smaller or bigger. i still soak everyday in plain water and give vitamin supplements orally.

thanks so much to everyone for all of the great advice recently while he was having such a hard time. he's now putting on the weight he lost and it's great to see all of that effort turning out so well.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Appetite is a very good sign. So glad to hear this. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.