would this be good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I'm thinking of getting this for Ashi & Shuto... probably the 75 gallon size, but MAYBE the 100... I'm not familiar with the material used to make it, if it's "tort safe" LOL! Also I'm wondering if anyone has one of this type, if you can tell me the actually measurements of the BOTTOM of it (living space) because I assume the measurements on there is for the top (bigger) part.

http://www.farmandfleet.com/catalog/product.aspx?i=276382&h=090102004

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Kelly I can go and measure my 50 gallon floor and my 150 gallon floor for you. I got mine cheaper at my local farm store and its a very light material. Very easy to move around. You could take a ride up here and I could ride over with you to pick one up. I think I gave $70 for the 6ft long 150 gallon.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Dude I'd love to drive out there and pick one up there, but I think I'd need to take some seats out of the van to do it, which means not all the kids could fit in, and LOL I don't have anyone to watch the kids these days as my mom is in Florida for the next two months!

But yah if you could measure the floor! The 60 & 75 gallons at Farm & Fleet aren't too much... but the bigger are so expensive! LOL! But in the long run might be worth it to go HUGE. I'd like to be able to house all of my big RF's together at some point in the future... after quarantine and all that....

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
actually i might be able to fit one in if i angle it up... lmk what the dimensions are on the ones they sell by you and i'll measure my van... LOL! how far of a drive is it again?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Took me about an hour to get to the Monona Show. Ill go measure in a few mins when I turn lights off.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
OK here are the floor measurements (actual measurements with lip of tank in parenthesis.)

50 gal:
paid $65
(52") 46" long
(31") 23.5" wide

150 gal:
paid $70
(77") 67" long
(31") 25" wide

Shellback

10 Year Member!
Norfolk , VA
cvalda said:
Kelly ,

If you have a tractor supply you can get the samething without paying shipping,

Will:)

I'm thinking of getting this for Ashi & Shuto... probably the 75 gallon size, but MAYBE the 100... I'm not familiar with the material used to make it, if it's "tort safe" LOL! Also I'm wondering if anyone has one of this type, if you can tell me the actually measurements of the BOTTOM of it (living space) because I assume the measurements on there is for the top (bigger) part.

http://www.farmandfleet.com/catalog/product.aspx?i=276382&h=090102004

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
yah the farm & fleet in my city has that in stock, actually.

anja I did the math for gas for my gas-guzzling beast (the passenger van) and it'd almost come out the same as if i just bought the 100 gallon at F&F here! LOL! but of course if i were going out there for another reason, well then... it'd pay off! LOL!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Well we shall see right? ;)

I WISH we had a Tractor Supply Company here! Im from the south, LOVE TSC! lol

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Don't mean to ruin the whole plan guys.. but consider this.. might be much easier and the whole family can get in on the project Kelly!

Doesn't Walmart have a 2' x 6' bookcase that you put together with a screw driver? I have one next to my computer table! And it's 1' deep which is the PERFECT height to lay that board across that has the undercabinet light fixture mounted to!
It comes in a box that will slide under the seats of your van! Plus it costs no more than that 'tub' which is extreme overkill and you would have to get creative to mount the light and the heat-emitter.. because it's made of plastic and the walls are entirely too TALL!

Screw a 1/2" piece of plywood or OSB on the back of the bookcase and line it like we show in the Housing page.. http://www.redfoots.com/yenclose.htm

You can make legs or set it on 5 gal. buckets.. [ again perfect height ] and then staple a vinyl ( whatever ) tablecloth around the bottom to make a 'skirt'.. where you can hide the stuff under it needed to maintain!

Huh?.. huh?

Terry

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Wwouldn't the constant humidity and "wetness" ruin the shelf in time though? I mean, yah I'd put a liner in there, but water has a way of going places... 'specially when I'm spraying/misting.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
You guys are always so helpful. It is such a pleasure to read these posts.I don't want to seem like a lurker! Na

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Terry these are shallow Sheep tanks, they are only a foot tall as well, the ones Im talking about. The ones Kelly is looking at are 2' tall but the ones I use are half that. They will resist damage from humidity as Kelly was saying whereas a cheap pressed board book shelf from walmart will not over time.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
the 60 gallon on there that i was looking at is only 14 inches high

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love these sheep waterers. Have one group of Russians in them and the redfoots. I like them because they are so sturdy and hold up well over time. Very versatile also, so if next year or two years down the road, you no longer need them for torts they could become small water gardens.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
I can't keep up with ya'll.

How come you're talking about 2 different things here? You show a pic of one thing and end up talking about something else.. BYE!

Terry

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
LOL Terry!

I posted a pic of the one I can find... it comes in two heights (in 60 gallons), then Anja was telling me the sizes of the ones she can find in her area (for comparison)...

Status
Not open for further replies.