Would love a well bred Sulcata, or adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR.
I want to purchase one but it seems that every online store is out...?
Anyone have a little hatchling for sale? And/or an adoption/retireyyy? I have a few acres of land and tons of enclosures empty. I've seen people give their babies 1-17y.o's for just shipping cost due to moving etc. If you have a Sulcata that needs love & a hone, I can provide the home and shipping cost. Thanks ~Peace

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Good lord man, be careful where you buy one. Almost everyone out in the world starts them all wrong. Read this before you buy:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Hatchling-Failure-Syndrome#axzz1bv5qbbcz

There are several good breeders here on the forum, but our first clutches of the year are just getting ready to hatch. "Katherine" did a post a couple of weeks ago showing her new babies. Try contacting her to see if she has any left. If not, Austin in Az and I both have some due to hatch in May. Please be patient. Starting with a tortoise from the right source makes all the difference in the world... You want one from a breeder who soaks every day, suns them, starts them on a wide variety of foods, and gives them humidity and a humid hide.

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
Ditto everything Tom said The ads on Craigslist will bring years to your eyes most of the time.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
TaraDodrill said:
Ditto everything Tom said The ads on Craigslist will bring years to your eyes most of the time.
:tort:
lmao... I don't want to get older... already 32... can I be 22 again?

Tom: Thank you! It's a good read. I printed it out so I can go over it again with less of a sleepy brain... But I love the information, & so far everyone has been cool... :cool:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I have a clutch due to hatch any day. However I keep them for a minimum of 3 months to make sure they are well started and growing smoothly just like Tom stated. I do require an adoption form to be filled out. If shipping I only use delta dash especially for hatchlings. I dont trust other sources of shipping it drives me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.