Worried. (noisy breathing)

Winston2020

Location (City and/or State)
Darlington
Hi I'm worried about my leopard tortoise tried to see vet but they don't. Do reptiles and no other vet does near me hes making weird noiseses he's eating and drinking and weeing and pooping but he sounds as though his breathing is not right I got him as a 2year old and have had him a year and a bit he's always made noiseses but never this noticeable can anyone help

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He may have something stuck in his nostrils. You can buy a squirt bottle of sterile saline (find it in the contact lens section at the pharmacy) and give it a couple good squirts in each nostril. Don't worry about it going into the lungs, as the other end of the nostrils is in the roof of the mouth.

Reactions: Ink

Winston2020

Darlington
He may have something stuck in his nostrils. You can buy a squirt bottle of sterile saline (find it in the contact lens section at the pharmacy) and give it a couple good squirts in each nostril. Don't worry about it going into the lungs, as the other end of the nostrils is in the roof of the mouth.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also get his heat up to 85 day and night, keeping him warmer incase it's the start of a ri.
Post pics of his enclosure, temps, humidity and diet. Also what are you using for lights and heat?