Worried about plastron

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Hi, could anyone tell me if Belles plastron looks ok? Im worried that i might be able to see a slight pink streak down the side. The rest of it seems ok to my untrained eye. If it is slightly pink and could be the start of ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1423076429.589609.jpga problem Id rather get her to the vet sooner rather than later... :( ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1423076402.590866.jpg
Look at the side where top joins bottom near my thumb. Is it pink and a problem or am I worrying over nothing?

katfinlou

5 Year Member
I see very slight pink. Not sure if it's a problem or not. @Yvonne G or @HermanniChris might be able to help
Thanks wellington. I just noticed it tonight when I was giving her a bath and I wasn't sure if it was just bad lighting or me being a fuss pot so im glad you can see it too! She seems to be perfectly fine in every other way, hopefully the people you suggested will see this and be able to advise me. She's doing so well just now, I'd hate for her to have another setback.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I actually don't think it is anything to worry about. The others will be able to confirm.

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Thats simply growth, nothing to worry about at all. This is very easily visible in Testudo tortoises such as Hermann's. :)
Thanks so much, ive been worried sick since I found it. So relieved and happy it's just because she is growing :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
And here I thought the tortoise was rebelling, and went out and got a tattoo. :)