willy wonka

5 Year Member
hi all...,

last week my friend mention me about worms inside star's. my question

are, is it any way to get rid of them without go to the vet?? is it

dangerous?? please advice me tnanks...

Starry night

5 Year Member
I have dealt with some bad parasites in stars. It's a hell of a task to defeat them and get the tortoises back to healthy again. I have no clue how captive bred and captive kept tortoises get these types of parasite infections but I have seen it first hand and paid the vet bills for it. Learned my lessons the very hard way and will for now on quarantine any new tortoises for at least 6 months and have all animals tested 2 times a year and work from there. DAMN you parasites and harming my poor sweet tortoises.

willy wonka

5 Year Member
Kymiie said:
SOURCE: Yvonne G (emysemys)

I posted a thread on worms, here is the link she gave to me

http://www.tortoisetrust.org/articles/parasites.html

Hope it helps

xx

thanks kymiie.. already read link you gave to me. samstar said put grinded pumpkin in their food. is it work??

Starry night said:
I have dealt with some bad parasites in stars. It's a hell of a task to defeat them and get the tortoises back to healthy again. I have no clue how captive bred and captive kept tortoises get these types of parasite infections but I have seen it first hand and paid the vet bills for it. Learned my lessons the very hard way and will for now on quarantine any new tortoises for at least 6 months and have all animals tested 2 times a year and work from there. DAMN you parasites and harming my poor sweet tortoises.

hopes your sweet tortoises will get better!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Its not the pumpkin that helps with worms, its the seeds. You have to grind up the seeds and sprinkle them on the food.

willy wonka

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Its not the pumpkin that helps with worms, its the seeds. You have to grind up the seeds and sprinkle them on the food.

upsss yeah2 only the seed :D is it the fresh seed or the dry one?

samstar

5 Year Member
Pumpkin seeds are powerful de-wormers and I sprinkle it over my Stars food 1-2 times a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.