Won't Eat

Keeley kerr

Location (City and/or State)
Wakefield
Hi just a really quick question mine is 23 yrs old and we have had a move and now he won’t eat what Am I best doing for him.

KronksMom

Illinois
We need way more information to be able to answer what may seem like such a simple question. What type of tortoise, what type of housing (size of enclosure, substrate, lighting, etc), what are you feeding, is it the same food he/she has always gotten? How long ago did you move? Did anything else change when you moved? Tortoises do Not like change and sometimes they can just kind of go into hiding as a way of avoiding that change.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just wait and see. Read this, paying attention to the title of the thread:

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Is the tort in the correct environment, heat etc.? To me a 23 yr old Sulcata is pretty well set or should be, so if his habitat is right, he'll come around...Keep us posted.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi just a really quick question mine is 23 yrs old and we have had a move and now he won’t eat what Am I best doing for him.
Lack of appetite is often due to low temperatures. What is the ambient temp in the tortoises living quarters? Where is Wakefield? What are you using to heat the living quarters and the tortoise?