Woman stabbed boyfriend after threats to her turtle.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Is this a joke? I read your link....doesn't seem real to me.

I like my pet turtle and all...but to stab someone (especially a loved one) is pretty serious.

Tyanna

Wisconsin
I honestly have no idea, to be honest. Someone else pointed me to the link, and thought I'd share.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Personally, I think his woman, is a little crazy.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Is this a joke? I read your link....doesn't seem real to me.

I like my pet turtle and all...but to stab someone (especially a loved one) is pretty serious.
It was only a boyfriend, they are a dime a dozen and the turtle, well, they are a forever family member. I probably wouldn't stab him, but he would wish he never knew me. Animals can't stick up for themselves, so that's what we need to do. I think she did GREAT. (Can ya tell I'm not a big fan of the human species:D)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Good news, this thread will def. alert me on who to avoid.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
The turtle cannt defended its self it wouldn't Evan run away I wouldn't stab him , but I might cut off his man hood and let him speeking with a high pitch voice for life ! A lot of cereal killers started pulling wings off butterfly's then cutting tails off cats and after that started killing. People !

Krabby

MA
The woman sounds like she's got a few screws loose....

Ciri

5 Year Member
Tucson
Well, that guy had to be a real lowlife to threaten a turtle. I read the article – she only stabbed him with a paring knife. I stopped dating a guy when it was clear he had no idea how to pick up a turtle and carry him in a way that considered the comfort of the turtle. He was helping me with one of my box turtles, and held him sideways to carry him. My turtle didn't object, but the guy just didn't get it that the turtle wouldn't like being held that way. It gave me a lot of information about him. Now I just watch for how my animals behave around people. When they stay way, rather than show curiosity about someone, I know to be watchful around that person. They really read people well – better than I can.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
You can tell a lot about people by how they treat animals.....that being said: my husband invited a new coworker over one time and we were all standing in the kitchen talking. One of my cats, who is super friendly rubbed up against this guys leg....then he shoved ( not kicked, I prob would have thought of stabbing him if he would have kicked...) my cat away with his foot and said I hate cats so I picked up my sink sprayer turned the water on and squirted him in the face. I told him I hate people. My husband just laughed :) he did not come back.