Wisconsin adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Saturday I picked these two Bells (nogueyi) after a trip fraught with setbacks that made a trip to west Africa seem a breeze. Lost a serpentine belt on I-90 between Rockford, Il and the Wi border and limped into Beloit, Wi. Didn't get van back from shop until 1:00 pm and set out for Milwaukee. Arrived at rescue and found a fine, knowledgeable facility and staff.
011-2.jpg
The top one weighed in at 300 gm and bottom one at 315 gm and both have a carapace length of 6.5" and pastrom length of 5.5". They are cb, 19 months old (?) and worm-free. Typical shy hinge-backs.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They look great Larry. :D Though they aren't Bell's hingebacks :p They are Home's hingebacks, K.homeana. They look WC with a bit of captive growth. They are more likely 5 or 6 years old.
Sorry you had so much trouble getting them.

Danny

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I looked at them again and yes they are Home's. I did think they were more then 19 months old or else they grow much faster then any other tort or turtle. So I guess I've got another muddytort. I just can't get out of the forest.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Yeah what Danny said. Still very nice looking torts.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
You do seem to be firmly stuck in that mud. :p I'm sure they will do great for you. :D

Danny

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
egyptiandan said:
You do seem to be firmly stuck in that mud. :p I'm sure they will do great for you. :D

Danny
Through further research on these guys, I'm finding that the enviornmental requirements, diet (they even eat colocasia), and temp are very close to my RFs, MEPS, and even the Ornate Woodturtle. They settleing in well. I think I will enjoy them. Here's some pastrom shots.
005-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Larry, congratulations on your two new Home's. We couldn't go having you change your moniker now could we? So you should have known these would be your kind of Torts :D Glad to hear they will fit in nicely. They are very nice looking torts.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Nice looking torts Larry, Congrats!! What an adventure!

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
sounds like an adventure filled trip Larry!! they look great!

Status
Not open for further replies.