Winter housing for your sulcatas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SULCATACRAZY

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny So Cal, USA
I'm curious to know how you house your sulcatas over the winter, and where you are located?

I'm in so cal, so my guy has a shed with heating he goes in each night in the winter months. I don't have lighting in it, as even in the winter days, he come out to lay in the sun & eat (not that many cloudy days in so cal LOL)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I am in NJ and I am lucky to have a huge basement. Right now they are still on the smaller side so are in a room specifically for my torts. But as they grow I plan on moving them to a larger part of the basement. And eventually, my husband and I would like to move west.

AWAaviatrix

10 Year Member!
Los Lunas, New Mexico
SULCATACRAZY said:
I'm curious to know how you house your sulcatas over the winter, and where you are located?

I'm in so cal, so my guy has a shed with heating he goes in each night in the winter months. I don't have lighting in it, as even in the winter days, he come out to lay in the sun & eat (not that many cloudy days in so cal LOL)

I'm close to Albuquerque, NM where we get into the teens during the winter. I have a large tort shed and use multiple Active UV heat lamps as well as Zoomed Reptisun 10.0 tubes. This past week have started to keep the lights off during the day to get the Sulcata's outside in the sun. Yeah spring is here!

Misty
5 Sulcata's
3 Leopard's
4 Indian Star's

susan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Diego, Ca.
Hey I am in southern california too:) What area do you live in? I am in north county san diego. The weather is nice here in sunny southern cali isn't it;) We are spoiled! I don't have sulcatas, I was just being nosey:) Sorry;)

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am in south florida. Mine spent the winter outside in there pen the whole time. They do have a large burrow that stays warm

Status
Not open for further replies.