Will you be springing or stumbling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Just a reminder for most the folks who live in the USA, daylight saving time begins at 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 11. That means your clock will move a head an hour. At 2 am (or whenever you choose to do it) change your clocks to read 3 am.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Jacqui said:
Just a reminder for most the folks who live in the USA, daylight saving time begins at 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 11. That means your clock will move a head an hour. At 2 am (or whenever you choose to do it) change your clocks to read 3 am.
My wife is going around changing all the clocks now LOL:p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thanks for the reminder, Jacqui. Unless they mention it on the TV, I never know when its going to happen.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I am kinda sad that I lose the hour in the middle the weekend rather than in the middle of a work day :p
Actually I worked all last night and all day today so complaining is futile.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I actually like the time changes... once I get use to them. :D

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I really don't mind the time change, it is so much easier in the spring than in the fall, I have a lot of clocks, (not because I am concerned about what time it is), I just like clocks, None of the older ones have a reverse so in the fall I have to move them forward 11 or 23 hours, I do have a couple that change themselves but when they were manufactured the time change was always at the same time each season, now they keep changing the date of the changing, so those clocks are either off time for a while or they must be reset twice. Len

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
All done already, I always have to look up how to set the auto clocks, lol!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I will be preparing for the time travel jaunt tonight.

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
Jacqui said:

THANKS A BUNCH LOL it says it on my calendar but I probably would have forgotten =P

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I never get enough sleep so losing an hour is no big deal. I got 5 hours last night. I did forget so thanks for reminding me

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love it in the summer when it doesn't get dark until 8:30pm. I HATE it when it gets dark at 5pm in the winter...

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
I was laying here wonder int why my clock hasn't changed yet, I didn't know.it.was.at 2 am :p

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I hate losing an hour. I really hate losing an hour. I just don't have extra hours to give up. Arizona has the right idea. Don't change time Grrrr.....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Missing time? sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
Tom said:
I love it in the summer when it doesn't get dark until 8:30pm. I HATE it when it gets dark at 5pm in the winter...

summers here its light till almost 10pm...i like it and hate it... my kids dont like to go to bed when the "sun is still awake" lol but i get a lot more done :) and more outside time for my torts wich i might add it was 80* today in march....(weird) and i got to take my torts out 2x! lol :) i dont use a clock..just my cell phone and it does it auto....

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
I already set up my time 1hr later to get used to it. I don't want to lose an hour :(

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Turtulas said:
I really don't mind the time change, it is so much easier in the spring than in the fall, I have a lot of clocks, (not because I am concerned about what time it is), I just like clocks, None of the older ones have a reverse so in the fall I have to move them forward 11 or 23 hours, I do have a couple that change themselves but when they were manufactured the time change was always at the same time each season, now they keep changing the date of the changing, so those clocks are either off time for a while or they must be reset twice. Len

Sounds like quite the chore. I only rely on my cell phone and laptop for the correct time. The family's alarm clock is always atleast 15 mins fast, last summer we had it up to an hour and a half fast. :D As for the stove and microwave, those only get changed when somebody gets tired of looking at them and seeing the wrong time. That means normally it will be Josh at some point. Thing is, we have so many power flickers here, that they only stay on time for maybe a month if your lucky. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.