Will the off-topic debate section ever re-open?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
More trouble was why Josh closed it down. Folks just got to hot and heated.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Yvonne G said:
It seems to be open:
This is what I just got:
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'Terry Allan Hall'

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/forum-69.html

Shall we debate the benefits of banjo plucking over guitar strumming?

Like both, as long as they're well done...mandolin is nice, too! :cool:
Jacqui said:
More trouble was why Josh closed it down. Folks just got to hot and heated.
Pretty much what I suspected...and, yes, it did get ugly from time to time, so I can certainly understand Josh's reasoning.

Was just curious as to whether it'd ever be tried again. :cool:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Maybe my moderator super powers keep the computer from giving me that message. I'll sign on as the Birthday Fairy and see if I can access the site.

Nope, you're right. Lowly members, like the Birthday Fairy, are not allowed to use that site.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nice to sometimes be on the site as a "normal" member and see just what they can see, otherwise we Mods sometimes forget what they have to deal with.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, I agree...also, I wish I had a smart phone so I could see the troubles those members have when accessing the Forum though their phones. Personally, I would be lost without my keyboard. I type about 65wpm on a keyboard. If I had to hunt and peck to find letters on a screen it would drive me crazy! I probably wouldn't even come on the Forum if you took my keyboard away.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Yvonne G said:
Yes, I agree...also, I wish I had a smart phone so I could see the troubles those members have when accessing the Forum though their phones. Personally, I would be lost without my keyboard. I type about 65wpm on a keyboard. If I had to hunt and peck to find letters on a screen it would drive me crazy! I probably wouldn't even come on the Forum if you took my keyboard away.

Just got a Smart Phone a few months ago, and it turns out that they're not as hard to use as I feared...just gotta be sure Autocorrect is not going to embarrass you (Mine is my kid's former phone, and once I dashed off a text message to my uncle, ending with "Keep on trucking, Old Dude"...that wasn't exactly the message he recieved! Turns out words that get used by foul-mouthed teenagers a lot eventually become the first choice).

Now I look VERY closely before hitting "send"!

Someday I hope he quits laughing at me...

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
If I had to hunt and peck to find letters on a screen it would drive me crazy!

Oh Yvonne, you haven't seen the wonders of swype! Granted it takes some time for the phone to recognize how you glide your fingers but it has forever changed how one "types" on a touch screen phone.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Team Gomberg said:

Oh Yvonne, you haven't seen the wonders of swype! Granted it takes some time for the phone to recognize how you glide your fingers but it has forever changed how one "types" on a touch screen phone.

Indeed! :cool:

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
I thought the off topic debate section was open? There was a debate on it just recently.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have a smart phone, just got it before Christmas. An iPhone. I don't use it for the forum unless my ipad is low on juice. I haven't learned the swipe, not sure if you can even do it on an iPhone. It is difficult for. E, too small of a screen.
I didn't even know the debate section was ever closed, because yes, it is opened for me too.

Terry Allan Hall said:
Yvonne G said:

Just got a Smart Phone a few months ago, and it turns out that they're not as hard to use as I feared...just gotta be sure Autocorrect is not going to embarrass you (Mine is my kid's former phone, and once I dashed off a text message to my uncle, ending with "Keep on trucking, Old Dude"...that wasn't exactly the message he recieved! Turns out words that get used by foul-mouthed teenagers a lot eventually become the first choice).

Now I look VERY closely before hitting "send"!

Someday I hope he quits laughing at me...

LMAO, that's a big OOPS, SORRY, DARN AUTOCORRECT:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The regular debate section is open, but the "off topic debate" section is not open.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Will the off-topic debate section ever re-open?

Yvonne G said:
""Lowly members""

Heyyyyy..... What you sayin' 'bout us REGULAR members?? :sleepy:

Lol!! Jkjk.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Actually, that comment was meant to elevate us mods, not to demean you lowly members. :p

(***Jacqui slaps me alongside the head with a folded up newspaper***)

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!

Yvonne G said:
Actually, that comment was meant to elevate us mods, not to demean you lowly members. :p

(***Jacqui slaps me alongside the head with a folded up newspaper***)

**tiffany high fives Jacqui**

Lol!!:D;)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Team Gomberg said:

Swype is the bomb

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL

Kerryann said:
Team Gomberg said:

Swype is the bomb

Just can't get the swype.... :-(

That said, I have only rarely been on this forum on anything but my phone or tablets thru mobile apps.