Will my Tortoise be okay 5 days without a UVB bulb?

Rocky219

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I still have a bulb but it is the wrong one. I have a 3-4 year old Hermann Tortoise. Counting today will it will be 5 days until his new UVB comes. I could always turn the bad UVB back on but that may hurt his eyes. I turned his UVB off yesterday at around 4:30 pm or so.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I still have a bulb but it is the wrong one. I have a 3-4 year old Hermann Tortoise. Counting today will it will be 5 days until his new UVB comes. I could always turn the bad UVB back on but that may hurt his eyes. I turned his UVB off yesterday at around 4:30 pm or so.
Tortoises store D3 when times are good. They can go weeks or months with no UV at all and be perfectly fine using up their stored D3. You can also use a calcium supplement with D3 in it, or you can offer supplemental foods like Mazuri or the ZooMed pellets that have D3 added.

Rocky219

Massachusetts
Tortoises store D3 when times are good. They can go weeks or months with no UV at all and be perfectly fine using up their stored D3. You can also use a calcium supplement with D3 in it, or you can offer supplemental foods like Mazuri or the ZooMed pellets that have D3 added.
Ok thank you. I am already on Mazuri pellets and use calcium powder twice a week

Reactions: Tom