Will my house burn down?!

ReverendBob

Location (City and/or State)
California
I prefer the digital version of the BN Link timer power strip. I had the mechanical version, but it became so loud over time that I got annoyed and replaced it. It was a constant ticking/clicking sound.
I couldn’t agree more. My living area is so much more pleasant after replacing mechanical timers for our snake, tortoise and turtle.

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
So I guess that thing is safe? With two 75 watt basking and two 10.0 uvb ?

The wattage of the UV tube depends on length and whether or not its a T5 or T8, but the worst case is a 46" T5 bulb runs at 54W, so two 75 W basking bulbs and two 54 W T5 tubes would only draw about 2 amps. This power strip is rated for 10-15 amps, so you'd be good.

ReverendBob

California
An Amp or Ampere is a unit measure of current. The same way a Volt is a unit measure of voltage, a Watt is a unit measure of power, Watt-hours (e.g. kWh) are a unit measure of energy.

As the roughest metaphor, if you viewed electrons flowing through a wire in the same way you view water through a hose, the Voltage is the pressure and the Amperage is the measure of the volume of water flowing through the hose.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
The bottom line here is that your power strip/timer has a surge suppressor. If the power was too much, or there was a surge, it would trip off and nothing would run. You don’t need to worry.
I am so glad I know this now. I just wasn’t sure that the lights could run for over a night.