Will be off list for a time

Lyric

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, Florida
I am so sorry for your loss.
Peace, hugs and prayers are being sent your way.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I'm so sorry to have missed this until now Karen.

My love to you and my thanks to your hospice team.

We went through the same with my dad at Christmas, if you want to talk to someone about any of this. Otherwise I hope sitting with Chug can bring you some peaceful moments: it was good therapy for me.

My best thoughts,

Rosemary

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Well, I'm back on a very limited basis.

Less than 4 weeks after Pete died, I found myself in Eisenhower Med Center. I had an extremely high fever. Turns out I had bilateral lower lobe pneumonia, very involved and serious, with right mid lobe involvement. I had serious colitis, then I went into Atrial fib, then my kidneys failed.

Ended up with 1 kidney dialysis treatment, cardioversion for afib,
and a long road ahead to get over the pneumonia. On day of discharge, after 12 days, I found out I was not expected to survive...BUT I DID!!

Now home, alone but with an excellent support church family, struggling to do even the little stuff, like breathing. LOL!

I will read, but probably l will post only occasionally...please be patient with me.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
So sorry for you! You got piled on all at once- life is very mean sometimes. Take care of yourself and best wishes!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sheesh. . . talk about hitting you when you're down! It's good you have a support system. Hopefully things are turning around for you now.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
@KarenSoCal just wanted to let you know we're thinking of you :<3: Do you have anyone to help you care for Chug if you need a hand?

Get well soon!
Yes, I do! They have been caring for all my pets for me. Thank God for good friends!