Wild grass to feed my Lepoard tortoise?

haydog_99

Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
I have a field across the street from my house that has wild grass in the spring. The field is not sprayed or maintained in any way. Here are some pictures of the field and close up of the grass, the grass blades are very thin. Is it safe to cut this grass and feed it to my tortoise?

Thanks in advance.

grass2.jpggrass1.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I use that sort of thing, but I can't see the grass in your pic. If its soft and tender, this would be a good way to add fiber to your leopards tortoises diet. I cut it into appropriately sized pieces for the tortoise I'm feeding and mix I in with other greens. Babies get little small pieces, and adults get their pieces cut to 2 or 3 inches.

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
I use that sort of thing, but I can't see the grass in your pic. If its soft and tender, this would be a good way to add fiber to your leopards tortoises diet. I cut it into appropriately sized pieces for the tortoise I'm feeding and mix I in with other greens. Babies get little small pieces, and adults get their pieces cut to 2 or 3 inches.
Thanks, it is nice and soft now and will be dry and brown in another month after the rains. I will try mixing a little in with his greens.