Wild box baby

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Found roaming by my day Lily’s! Quick photo op and placed back where he was!
Your lucky, I live in Gwinnett outside Atlanta and we don't see them at all around here anymore. I used to have a few that came around every spring/summer when I first moved here but haven't seen any for years now.

EmilyFrady

Georgia
Your lucky, I live in Gwinnett outside Atlanta and we don't see them at all around here anymore. I used to have a few that came around every spring/summer when I first moved here but haven't seen any for years now.
Oh as populated as it is down there it doesn’t surprise me but so sad. They’re probably still hanging around in the woods tho!
I’m in blue ridge tucked in the mountains with a pond next door and creek in my back yard so they’re quite abundant here!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Oh as populated as it is down there it doesn’t surprise me but so sad. They’re probably still hanging around in the woods tho!
I’m in blue ridge tucked in the mountains with a pond next door and creek in my back yard so they’re quite abundant here!
I love the blue ridge area. It's so beautiful around there. I do a lot of camping up there and in the Cleveland area.

turtlebean

Connecticut
That’s so cute! There a pond at the bottom of the hill from my house and it’s always filled with painted turtles. Sometimes I get a close up when I have to move them out of the road lol. At a certain time of the year I always find babies hatching all over my yard and I can’t help but to just sit and admire how cute and small they are!! Such a joy to see :cool:

Corpus Christi, TX
Emily, you might get lucky and see it again and again if the environment is right and it has plenty of loose soil and/shrubbery to hide under. Your best chance of seeing them out is when its raining in the spring and summer. When its hot and dry, hang it up as they stay hunkered down deep. You might try dumping a tub of worms around where you found it just to ensure there is plenty of food for it. Based on the size, its likely a 2019 hatchling.

KronksMom

Illinois
I love this whole thread!!!

Damn city living...where's the surprise baby to improve my day?