WI Reptile Breeders Assoc. Show in Monona on Nov. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Anyone going? Anyone been there in the past? I'm going and would like an idea of what to expect to find there!

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
RE: WI Reptile Breeders Assoc. Fall Show

I'm tossing the idea around...I'd love to hook up and go otherwise I'd have to go alone. My hubby wouldn't have anything to do with snakes or lizards.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas

Hey Tracy, Dan and I are planning on going as far as I know. Maybe we could meet up in Beaver Dam or Columbus and you could ride to Madison with us? I dont know what vendors will be there, or even if anyone will have turtles or tortoises.

Cvalda where are you located??

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin

I'm just outside of Madison... about 10 minutes drive from the west side.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI

I'm serously thinking about going. My foster son will be having his knee surgery next tuesday and by the time that show gets here ...I'll be needing a major break :p

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
You foster, Tracy? As do I! Six of my kids, I've adopted through foster care! I currently have three foster kids, in addition, and the plan is adoption!

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Ive been a foster parent since I was 24. My 1 foster son has been with us for 10 years, he is adult special needs. I didn't adopt but I do have his gaurdianship. He's now 24. The other young man that lives with us is 31, hes been with us about 5 years.
I became a foster parent in order to provide a respite sevice for my adult special needs foster sister, as I was a foster kid myself. Some would argue I'm special needs also lol ;);)
I really enjoy what I (we) do. My husband is my right hand man..he has got my back and we work as a team. I'd be hard pressed without his help and support.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
That's awesome, Tracy!!!!! What a wonderful thing to do!

I've been doing foster care for ten years, too! There was one year in there (last year) that I moved and didn't renew my foster care license and was NOT going to foster anymore. Then I decided to get licensed to do special needs adoption, and they technically make you a foster parent for that, since the kids have to be with you for 6 months before they will allow the adoption. The TPR hasn't happened on my new three, so I'm back in the old foster care grind!

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Kelly that is really cool...sorry I must of read your post and not posted?? I thought I had (scratching head)... Any way good luck with the adoption. I'm amazed at your dedication...its really awesome!

I came back on here to say I'll be there tomorrow!!!! I've never been to anything like this so it'll be cool. I'm hoping to see some torts...dont have any money for torts but sure wanna look:p
Hope to see you there:cool:

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
OK Ive got your cell # Tracy right? And Kelly Ive got yours. We should be there between 10:00 and 10:30 in the morning.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I'm looking forward to tomorrow, and to meeting both of you!!! We'll be there at 10.

And looking forward to picking up Ziggy from Anja! (Deontay named him already! LOL!) Of course I forgot to buy some soil for his quarantine, but will do that in a bit! I need to get this done by 7 so I can watch Next Great American Band tonight! (PLUG PLUG! WATCH IT AND VOTE! DENVER AND THE MILE HIGH ORCHESTRA! And keep an eye on that drummer, my "little" cousin... not so little anymore!!!)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Now I am really jealous that you guys are all going to a show. You will have to report back to us and let us know how it is. Have fun and don't spend to much $$. LOL I would like to know if torts are generally less expensive at a show.

redreptile

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
RE: WI Reptile Breeders Assoc. Show in Monona on April 26

Message to let you know of upcoming show. No info on turtles or tort being available
Mike

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I dont know of any tortoise breeders that will be at the upcoming Monona Show. There may be some rescued water turtles for adoption from The Serpent Sanctuary.

I will be at the show, but we will not have tables setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.