WHY OH WHY?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
My female, Mithril, has been "mounting" the big girls lately, and then doing the whole "thrusting" thing with her mouth open... just like the males.

Why?!?!

ANd today I walked in to find little Roland basking, and Mithril standing next to him, pulling her head into her shell and ramming him, over and over again. The basking spot has two lamps and is big enough for them, and he wasn't even in "her" spot. Silly boy wouldn't budge, though!!!

So what's gotten into Mithril lately?!?!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Kelly - Are you positive that Mithril is a she?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Kelly - I have heard that females do the mounting + thing and ramming as a dominance thing.
Maybe she's just telling them who is boss. Or maybe she's a he?

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I would like nothing more than for her to be a he, but i really think she's a she. I'll go snap a pic tho, just in case...

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
102_3786.jpg

102_3798.jpg

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
My boys have a domed shape in the back like yours does. Comes down a little farther and has a slightly different shape than the girls. But the tail does not look that big. I am not sure.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Kelly, I don't know for sure but my Greek females tail looks like your Mithrils tail.

Come on Chris is it a she or a he?

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I'm sure it's a she, but I'll await expert advice! Maybe she's just... gender confused?!?! LOL!

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
It's so nice to hear that others Russians are so active now. I swear my guys heard me say for sure I ready to hibernate them this year. and Bam now they are running around, eating like crazy.Trying to get out of the pool every night. I really think they heard me tell my husband about the refridgerater method and they said NO WAY!! I have had them for over 5 years and haven't had the nerve untill this year to even attempt it. I know I have to stop food,lower temps, lights etc.. But I think now I will wait till they slow up a bit. Na

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi Kelly,
It's definately a female. :) It could be a few things. It could be a dominance issue, it could be that she's ovulating or it could be that she is gravid.

Nay if you plan on hibernating check out this site http://www.thetortoisehouse.com/ click on hibernation and it will give you all you need to know to do it.

Danny

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
Status
Not open for further replies.