why dose my tortoise smell so bad?

CharlieS2020

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
hey my tortoise is smelling really bad today can you guys help? it was only today she has ever smelt this bad even though her cage smells fine. i know tortoise somtimes have a musckey smell but this one is bad. ive never smelt her this bad before ive given her a long bath and scrubed inbetween her scoots. should i try soap to get ride of this smell? And do you know why charlie smells so bad?

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
please provide pictures of your tort and current setup... tortoises generally don't smell unless there is something wrong

CharlieS2020

Ontario
please provide pictures of your tort and current setup... tortoises generally don't smell unless there is something wrong
Here is the cage setup I’m working on making a bigger page.5BFDDC6F-72F2-4F81-9AA3-EDFC629CD343.jpeghere is another photo65689BE5-5470-4972-8F8E-531D044B39A7.jpeg
and here is a photo of Charlie I think it’s a girl she is around a year and a half.image.jpgimage.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What does it smell like? They generally don't have any smell.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Have you checked all her legs, looking as far in as possible. Check feet but tail and inside mouth.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Young tortoises sometimes get a build up of poop between the back legs, tail and shell.You needto give him a long soak to soften the poop then clean it all off. If it builds up bad enough it keeps him from being able to poop.

CharlieS2020

Ontario
Young tortoises sometimes get a build up of poop between the back legs, tail and shell.You needto give him a long soak to soften the poop then clean it all off. If it builds up bad enough it keeps him from being able to poop.
This isent the case Charlie pooped twice yesterday and I gave her a 40 minute bath.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I am feeding her a good diet even thoug( she is an indoor tortoise.
What is in her diet?
Maybe replace the substrate just in case it's soaked in pee she's lying in.
Can you post some pics of her plastron ?

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CT New Haven.
I agree. Nice warm soak. Scrub light inside crevices with super soft toothbrush. See if it helps. Plus clean the habitat