Why did you choose your username?

Tech13

5 Year Member
My 9 year old chose the name Technomancer for his new tortoise and we got Tech in 2013. Tech13 sounded like a good username since I joined this forum on his behalf. My name is Donna...it really doesn't sound as good for a username ;)

Merlin M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Edinburgh, Scotland
Well my name is Merlin, M is the initial of my surname... I would make a joke about my parents liking alliteration but I managed to marry a man with a surname beginning with M (although my maiden name is an M too)

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Why did you choose your username?

tiff3grl said:
tiff (my name is Tiffany), 3 (favorite number), grl (well I'm a girl haha)

It's also been my email for 10+ years :)

Hey! I'm tiffany too and my favorite number is 3 and I also happen to be a girl!!

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
My gramps was the first tortoise geek I ever knew, and he adored his 4 CDTs which he found in the desert in '52 as babies (the chances of that?). He nicknamed me BeeBee because he said I float like a butterfly and sting like two bees. I tend to opine, and I garden (a lot) hence the second part. I also loved the racehorse BeeBeeBee! : )

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
I use this username for everything, plant forum, fish forum, school websites, and it all started with me using it for xbox live.

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
My name is Nick. When I joined, I was working with chimpanzees. They are the most interesting living things I have worked with. So much like humans, yet still different. I just combined the two :D

JennBell0725

5 Year Member
Mine is my married name and anniversary. Jennifer Bell. July 25th :) and I just wanted to add that us 85 peeps are the best lol. 10-85!! Woot!!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!

hunterk997 said:
I use this username for everything, plant forum, fish forum, school websites, and it all started with me using it for xbox live.

Omg I glanced at your user and thought it said hunTWERK997... oops :blush:

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
tffnytorts said:
hunterk997 said:

Ummm... What's "twerk?" I have heard people say something about it in school.

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
tffnytorts said:
hunterk997 said:

That's hilarious!!!

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Someone has been reading or seeing too much of little miss twerky queen. Lordy, lordy your eyeballs are seeing things and tweaking them into twerking. Rest, some calming tea and no more music award shows for you for awhile! : )

hunterk997 said:
Ummm... What's "twerk?" I have heard people say something about it in school.
Oh goodness. Oh no! You kinda don't wanna know. I am old (older than you I am sure) and I sure wish I did not know. LOL. : )

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Ha. Ahaha. Hahahaha.

I'm a nerd.

For those of you who aren't comic book buffs, my name is from the green lantern franchise. There are heroes/villains of every color...red lanterns, the orange lantern, yellow lanterns, blue lanterns, indigo tribe aaaand the star sapphires for the violet spectrum. :) 22 is my lucky number.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Elohi is "earth" in Cherokee.
I chose that because of the Cherokee in my ancestry and because I have a love and connection for/with earth. And by that I mean the soil, the rocks, the geologic formations and processes. The water, the air and the animals that make up "earth". I have always felt a connection to the earth, nature, and animals from a very early age.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!

Sulcata_Sandy said:
Mine is easy.

[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Can you guess my favorite species, and my first name?

I've never heard Sulcata used as a girls name... I've also never seen Sandy Tortoise...

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
Tigger is my Daughter's screen name, she introduced me to the internet a very long time ago and I've been Tigs Mom since. Some Marine Mom's have yelled hey Tig and my Son answers. LOL So both kids answer to it. A friend of mine called my Mom, he calls her Tigs Mom's Mom, she gets a laugh and know exactly who is calling. I don't think my name will ever change.