Why did you choose your username?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
My gramps was the first tortoise geek I ever knew, and he adored his 4 CDTs which he found in the desert in '52 as babies (the chances of that?). He nicknamed me BeeBee because he said I float like a butterfly and sting like two bees. I tend to opine, and I garden (a lot) hence the second part. I also loved the racehorse BeeBeeBee! : )
Terrific story!
Love it! :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Mine is boring, I'm afraid.
Tidgy is my little Greek tortoise girl and i consider myself her daddy.
Wifey is her mum and as we can't have kids, Tidgy's a serious part of our little family.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Mine is boring, I'm afraid.
Tidgy is my little Greek tortoise girl and i consider myself her daddy.
Wifey is her mum and as we can't have kids, Tidgy's a serious part of our little family.
Of course she is, as are all of our pets! I think I have mentioned to you maybe in CDR thread that I wouldn't leave my then 7yr old dog behind and brought her with me to the States.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Of course she is, as are all of our pets! I think I have mentioned to you maybe in CDR thread that I wouldn't leave my then 7yr old dog behind and brought her with me to the States.
Yep, you did!
Another lovely story.:)

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Well, mine has to do with new pet hobby and coldblooded animals. Few yrs ago I got into freshwater fish to help my children with a new hobby that was started as unexpected birthday gift to my daughter from one of her friends. One of the fish was a gorgeous pearly white male Betta whom we had named Pearly. All of the little planted filtered Betta and community tanks have been rehomed since then. My kids lost interest in keeping up with water changes/testing etc and I didn't have the time. Our little tanks were so pretty! I used to love working with them or just simply staring at the fish:) anyway, now with my Daughter being older, more mature, and decided on tortoises... So here I go again! Pearly was my username on the aquatic forum. Here I needed user name again, couldn't think of anything clever, I was Pearly on the other forum, my fish were coldblooded, torts are cold blooded, Pearly the Betta brings memories of beauty and grace... Things I like so maybe not like to forget (I tend to forget passwords:) so there! There was no short version of that story

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Turtulas was a real person born in 1839. He and his family are part of my family tree. For some reason I had a problem with my password so I just started another membership using the name Turtulas, After about a year later Len was back and working fine. After a while the two were combined and I put Turtulas in front of Len. No password problems since.