Whose got the oldest snake??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrux

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
I have a ball python that I bought from The Snake Farm in New Braunfels, TX back in '98 so that makes her 14 going on 15. No idea how long they live but she is still going strong. One thing I do is that I don't feed her weekly, only monthly and have beed doing so for probably 12 of the last 15 years. I've always been afraid of overfeeding and causing obesity which in turn would mean an unhealthy snake.

What do you guys have?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My dad just lost a 22 year old corn snake. That was pretty cool. He had that snake for ever...

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Wow, so mines just a baby. How long do they live? Geez, I thought mine was ancient.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
15 years is certainly no baby.

However, I think the record for balls is 48-49, although the average is probably between 20-30.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Geez, i'm about to move her into a bigger cage. I think she deserves it. She's been having shedding issues lately so i'm gonna try and increase the humidity some too, probably switch to coconut coir.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I used to use humid hide boxes inside my ball pythons enclosures. Worked like a charm for shedding. I made them out of various Rubbermaid style shoe boxes.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Yeah, there are no particularly old snakes here. My Kisatchie corns were hatched either in '06 or '07, and my Anery corn in '07... Making the oldest snakes here, at least of those whose ages I know, about 6 years old. I did take in an 11 year old ball python at one point...

One of my hopes is, 20 years from now, to be able to get out my BCI boy or the gopher snake or whoever else, and remember when the old guy was still just a wee baby. That would be pretty awesome. (I have a similar hope for the Leopard tortoise--I want to have to put him in my will! Also makes for a great excuse to teach my cousin and nephews how great reptiles are... Need someone to will him TO, right? LOL)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:
I used to use humid hide boxes inside my ball pythons enclosures. Worked like a charm for shedding. I made them out of various Rubbermaid style shoe boxes.

Why am I not surprised!?!?! My oldest was a 13-year-old 191/2 ft 260lbs +/- Burmese python...very light in color (bright yellow)...that she retained until she caught pseudamonas...UGH! She went downhill pretty fast after that.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Thats a big girl Dean! Sorry you lost her. My gf nags me about my ball python but at 15 yrs old, she aint going anywhere...ive raised her since she was a week old!

Status
Not open for further replies.