Who says tortoises don't have a heart?

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati, OH
tortpuppy.jpg

Sometimes, the best way to get out of your shell is to invite other people into it. This works especially well if you are a tortoise.

This heartwarming story starts with Andrea, a foster with 2nd Chances Rescue, who told the YouTube channel PAWsitive about the time she rescued four puppies after a man found them in his yard.

“A man came up with a beer box filled with these four puppies,”Andrea told PAWsitive. “He said he caught them in his backyard and he wasn’t able to catch the mom. … They were scared, they were little.”

So Andrea brought all four puppies to her home in California, which she also shares with a rescue tortoise named Goliath. Then one day, Andrea couldn’t find one of the puppies.

“I went out to get them and I couldn’t find one and I panicked,” Andrea told PAWsitive.

But when she found the puppy… well, see for yourself:

Attachments

• tortpuppy.jpg
    tortpuppy.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 42

Jay Bagley

Michigan
View attachment 231435

Sometimes, the best way to get out of your shell is to invite other people into it. This works especially well if you are a tortoise.

This heartwarming story starts with Andrea, a foster with 2nd Chances Rescue, who told the YouTube channel PAWsitive about the time she rescued four puppies after a man found them in his yard.

“A man came up with a beer box filled with these four puppies,”Andrea told PAWsitive. “He said he caught them in his backyard and he wasn’t able to catch the mom. … They were scared, they were little.”

So Andrea brought all four puppies to her home in California, which she also shares with a rescue tortoise named Goliath. Then one day, Andrea couldn’t find one of the puppies.

“I went out to get them and I couldn’t find one and I panicked,” Andrea told PAWsitive.

But when she found the puppy… well, see for yourself:

It was really cool to see, I definitely would not trust my puppy alone with my tortoise as he chews on everything LOL. Good video and thank you for sharing.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This is a giant disaster waiting to happen. Yes it was a very cute story. I hope she learns about tortoises and dogs before it's too late and she then can film the sequel, "The horrors of tortoises and dogs together."
People should have to learn about the animals they are going to rescue.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
It's a charming and cute story all right! It seems like "friendship" to us, of course.
Unfortunately, it sends a wrong message, as we all know that dogs and tortoises are not a safe or healthy combination almost 100% of the time!