Who on TortoiseForum breeds Egyptian Tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberianHusky

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Portland Oregon
I just want to do a roll call on who keeps and breeds Egyptian Tortoises in this forum? Really want to know how many breeders there are here?
Thank you for your responses, Gerry

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
egyptiandan is the only one I know.

tortoiseguy65

5 Year Member
Illinois
I have 2 juveniles that I am raising up. Awesome tortoises. I hope to get a few more this year. I would definitely recommend these to an experienced keeper.

CyberianHusky

10 Year Member!
Portland Oregon
tortoiseguy65 said:
I have 2 juveniles that I am raising up. Awesome tortoises. I hope to get a few more this year. I would definitely recommend these to an experienced keeper.
Got 2 juveniles myself and my goal is 8. Where did you get your Egyptians?

tortoiseguy65

5 Year Member
Illinois
I actually purchased mine from Hyacinth (Alan) on here. He has one available right now. He said that one of mine came from Dan and the other from a breeder in California. I too would like to get around 6-8. I am hoping to get some from Bill who sometimes advertises on Kingsnake. I believe he is in Texas. He posted an ad on kingsnake a month or so ago. I am in Illinois and it is too cold to ship to me right now. I also may have the chance to get some in October at the NARBC held in Tinley Park IL. I am getting either some more egyptians or a couple of Pyxis planicauda then. We shall see.

CyberianHusky

10 Year Member!
Portland Oregon
tortoiseguy65 said:
I actually purchased mine from Hyacinth (Alan) on here. He has one available right now. He said that one of mine came from Dan and the other from a breeder in California. I too would like to get around 6-8. I am hoping to get some from Bill who sometimes advertises on Kingsnake. I believe he is in Texas. He posted an ad on kingsnake a month or so ago. I am in Illinois and it is too cold to ship to me right now. I also may have the chance to get some in October at the NARBC held in Tinley Park IL. I am getting either some more egyptians or a couple of Pyxis planicauda then. We shall see.

Actually I am in chat with Bill in TX he has 2 August 2010 hatchlings left. I seen Hyacinths ad and has one left but it is from a breeder in Cali and thats is where my current two are from. Trying to get two per breeder. I really like the California breeder a lot he tries to temp sex the eggs and makes sure what you get isn't related. Good luck with the small herd and keep in touch so in the future we can exchange hatchlings.

tortoiseguy65

5 Year Member
Illinois
Sounds good. Let me know if you end up with those 2 from Bill. If you don't I may grab them. If you do get them, I guess I will settle for this year's hatchlings from him. Regardless, do please keep in touch. I am pretty sure that I have a pair. They are only in the 25-30g range, but there is a noticeable differnce in tail shape/length and anal scute shape. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are a sexual pair. I was also offered a couple of subadult females from someone but I haven't heard the price yet. I believe these to be totally unrelated to mine.

CyberianHusky

10 Year Member!
Portland Oregon
tortoiseguy65 said:
Sounds good. Let me know if you end up with those 2 from Bill. If you don't I may grab them. If you do get them, I guess I will settle for this year's hatchlings from him. Regardless, do please keep in touch. I am pretty sure that I have a pair. They are only in the 25-30g range, but there is a noticeable differnce in tail shape/length and anal scute shape. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are a sexual pair. I was also offered a couple of subadult females from someone but I haven't heard the price yet. I believe these to be totally unrelated to mine.

Curious here how old are these females? I am sure they will be expensive especially viable females. More curious than actually buying. I like my Egyptians hatchling to juvenile because I want to grow them out as healthy as possible. I should know more about purchasing the two I am looking at by the weekend and if I dont I will let Bill know your interested. My Welsh Corgi Yugo gotten sick and he is 12 years old so making sure he is fine before purchasing these torts just in case there is a huge vet bill. Got to tend to the pets you got first before you get more.

Status
Not open for further replies.