who is Tom??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Nope not yet:) Tom Rocks. Ok now it can be done.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Ok, I'll help him out. Tom just has a big mouth.

Now leave him alone! :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tortus said:
Ok, I'll help him out. Tom just has a big mouth.

Ahh yes. NOW we are getting to the real truth of the matter... :D

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Terry Allan Hall said:
Hmmm...I'm thinking "Idol to America's Chelonophile Youth and a Stud-Muffin to Tortoise-Keeper Babes The World Over" has a nicer ring to it... ;)

I don't know who Tom is but if this is the case maybe I want to! ;) LMAO

Biff Malibu

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Tom is the omnipotent and omnipresent elemental force of the universe. He is a benevolent overlord on this forum where he acts as judge, jury and executioner. He is your hero, he is the wind beneath your wings.

I jest.

Tom's a cool guy who likes tortoises, ALTHOUGH I do commend him for his time spent helping others (and ultimately torts of the world) That's something everyone should strive to do in a way of their own.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I commend Tom for the time and effort he takes to post on the forum. I agree with (most of ;)) his opinions and suggestions he shares, and am glad there is someone in the hobby that takes the time to share the amount of knowledge and experience that he has. I for one can't do that and take care of my tortoises, let alone my family and other life aspects. Having met him and spent time with him in person a few times, I can say he is just another regular tortoise hobbyist. I don't mean that in any derogatory manner at all, but only to say that he's just as eager to learn and as passionate as any one of us.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
emysemys said:
Tom is just an ordinary guy who puts his pants on one leg at a time, just like all the rest of us. It just happens that he is learning all he can about his tortoises and is more than willing to share his successes and his failures with all of us. Take him down off that pedestal and enjoy him as a regular person. It's much more interesting and fun when you realize he's someone you can actually talk with and share with and not some unreachable person out there in never, never land.

I just happen to see this thread and I really like this comment. If I were Tom, I'd rather not only being praised for my knowledge alone, instead to be seen as fellow human and friend is more rewarding to me.

Beside Tom, I also think that Yvonne is not only wise, but also very helpful to other members, especially the new ones. I see that she is always among the first ones to reply to newbies questions, which sometimes becoming boring as they have become like a repetitive to many members (including me sometimes). She would always reply those questions in polite and nice ways :)

I like this forum a lot. It's got a lot of helpful members. It is also much more friendly and make all the new members more comfortable to share and asking questions.

Lastly, as this thread is dedicated for Tom. I think he's very helpful and willing to share about his successes and also failures to us. I believe Tom is also a competent presenter and speaker, from the way he writes all his threads. I'd also say that he becomes pretty thick headed when it comes to defending his theories and beliefs. I enjoy reading some of his debates with other members :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yellow Turtle said:
Beside Tom, I also think that Yvonne is not only wise, but also very helpful to other members, especially the new ones.

smiley-angelic002.gif

Gawsh...I'm so embarrassed! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.