Who here lives in or around San Diego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
JD, the name sounds familiar. Is he from San Diego? What area? What was his deal? I'll let you know if I hear anything.

The LLL workshop is next weekend, and I'm trying to decide whether I'll get a dart frog or something else. I've been wanting a day gecko for awhile.

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I am open for breakfast on March 17, but I realize that's St. Patrick's Day. I don't really do anything for that anymore (maybe I'll have a little something in the evening), but I understand if other people do. Is anyone else interested in breakfast on March 17 at, say, 10 a.m.? Again proposing Denny's at Fletcher and Navajo because they've always been good to me, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm good with the 18th also, but understand that folks may have other plans on a Sunday morning. Just trying to start with some specifics and see if we can go from there. :) Other dates/times can be worked out as well, and I'm happy to go closer to Ramona or one of those other areas of town where trees grow and stuff.

It would have to be family friendly for that weekend because I do have my daughter (9-years-old -- loves tortoises).

eriksorg

10 Year Member!
Trinidad Colorado
I've been out of the loop for a bit...has anybody come up with a possible date and place for a gathering??????

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Just my suggestion of March 17 at 10am at the Denny's at Navajo and Fletcher Parkway. If even one other person will be there, I will be there too. If that works for folks though, it might be a good idea to PM me as if there's enough people they might like a head's up.

Other suggestions welcome. I'm holding course for then unless I hear from no one (and even then I might show up because Denny's on a Saturday morning is no big deal). I'll have a tortoise shirt on.

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I'll be at the LLL Reptile vivarium workshop this afternoon. Did anyone else from here sign up? I'll be wearing a tortoise shirt and I have short, reddish hair (the long curls got hacked a couple of weeks ago), if anyone else is going.

jkingler

5 Year Member
I did not sign up, but let me know how it went. Hope it is awesome and that next time there will be a workshop on bigger enclosures for, say, I don't know, tortoises or some such. ;)

DanaRae60

5 Year Member
San Clemente, California
Hi,

We are in South Orange County and would love to be included in the San Diego group too.

I was at LLL a week ago, I'm not sure what city I was in (sorry!), I was there for work, it was their location off the 15, south of Tierrasanta. The people that worked there were very nice and helpful.

I am new to the tortoise world and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of our Sri Lankan Star, Carlos. He will be home in two weeks!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Lulu said:
I'll be at the LLL Reptile vivarium workshop this afternoon. Did anyone else from here sign up? I'll be wearing a tortoise shirt and I have short, reddish hair (the long curls got hacked a couple of weeks ago), if anyone else is going.

I was there ... but didn't see this message until now so I didn't know who you were. I saw you though! (I think!) :)

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I saw a couple of people who looked familiar. I bet I did see you, and probably even talked to you. Was it fun, or what?

Here is a link to my photobucket album: http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z472/ReneeJones1/LLL Reptile Vivarium Workshop 3-11-12/

There are a couple of pictures of me with Loren at the end. The blonde is our Jen!! I left with something, of course. I still have to tweak the water feature so I don't have a picture of the completed vivarium, but it was a great experience. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow when I have everything done.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Lulu said:
I saw a couple of people who looked familiar. I bet I did see you, and probably even talked to you. Was it fun, or what?

Here is a link to my photobucket album: http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z472/ReneeJones1/LLL Reptile Vivarium Workshop 3-11-12/

There are a couple of pictures of me with Loren at the end. The blonde is our Jen!! I left with something, of course. I still have to tweak the water feature so I don't have a picture of the completed vivarium, but it was a great experience. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow when I have everything done.

I enjoyed it too. :) I don't have mine completed either. I will finish it tomorrow and then decide what to put in it.

jkingler

5 Year Member
Seeing as March 17th is my niece's birthday (and her mom just told me yesterday), it seems that I won't be able to make it. But I definitely wanna go to the next one!

LLLReptile

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
Glad everyone who went enjoyed themselves! Those are some great pictures Lulu, I might steal some to add to the Mission Valley photo album of the event! :)

For those interested, here's the pictures I took as well (facebook yay!):

Facebook Album

I also just set up some rainforest reptile presentations at a couple of libraries, one at the Escondido Public Library in May, and another at the Sun City Library in August. I usually bring at least one tortoise, as there are tropical species and they're always a hit.

It was awesome to see so many people at the workshop, we had a blast and we are definitely doing another one again soon! :)

-Jen

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I totally missed out! It looks like you all had a great time. I just couldn't swing it with all our sports over the weekend.
Nice pictures. How did you two ladies miss each other ? That is funny!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Lulu said:
Angi said:
March 17th sounds good to me :)

I wonder if they'll have green eggs and ham?

Nah, corn beef and cabbage... with soda bread of course. ;) :D

It's not even St Pat's Day and I am green... green with envy at you guys. What fun the LLL thing looked like, plus getting to do a face to face meet up.

cljohnson

5 Year Member
What time for Denny's march 17? Is that the one off the 125? I can't commit but I might show up.

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Yep. 125 to Navajo. In the shopping center with the Joann's and the Vons.

10am, unless someone has an objection.

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
OK, I will be there tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. I will actually be wearing a Nightmare Before Christmas shirt because I will be taking my kiddo to the anime con right after. Denny's at Navajo and Fletcher Parkway. I will wait around in the front area for a little bit to see who shows. I've met Angi, so I know what she looks like. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.