Who here lives in or around San Diego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
LOL. Clairemont Chieftain here. I thought we were all supposed to have sense enough to leave. My husband grew up in IB.

jkingler

5 Year Member
I never wanna move somewhere else without a damn good reason. I love it here! The weather, the beach, the parks and all of my restaurants...I like to vacation elsewhere, but don't wanna go away for too long!

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
When do you propose the first meetup occur? My schedule happens to be pretty wide open at the moment, but I imagine most people would prefer the weekend. Just about any weekend works for me, depending on whether we're kid-friendly.

jkingler

5 Year Member
I would be happy to meet up any Saturday except for the second saturday of each month (unless you wanted to meet up at Second Saturday at Hamilton's, which is where I will be that day, haha). :)

(And I have no Mazuri, nor do I have a source. I heard that someone was giving out free samples on TFO a while back, but, uh...I dunno!)

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I'm checking with a local breeder about his source for Mazuri.

Anyone else want to weigh in on dates for a meet up? I don't mind bars, but it makes it trickier for folks with kids without fake i.d.s or who don't drink. ;)

jkingler

5 Year Member
As I've said, Saturdays sound good to me, and as long as it isn't the Second Saturday, no beer need be had and no ID shall be required. :p

I could personally recommend several places. Morley field, which is not too far away from Balboa Park, has playgrounds and nice sidewalks to ride around on and good restaurants in the vicinity. There is also, of course, Balboa Park itself, and I particularly like to hang around the Desert Garden or whatever it's called just over the bridge that spans Park Blvd. No playground, though. If you wanted to have a picnic or something, Presidio Park is also a great spot...and I could go on and on. It would depend on several things, I figure:

*if kids are coming, which it sounds like they are
*if you want to eat out or bring food (and if kids are involved, I'd choose the latter)
*etc. :p

I would say Morley Field on a Saturday is easiest for me, and pretty easy logistically (playground, lots of grass and open space, public bathrooms, etc.), if that wouldn't be inconvenient to anyone else.

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I can go either way on the kids myself. I have one, but I'm usually able to make arrangements. I usually vote for allowing kids out of convenience to those who have fewer options but I'm flexible.

I'm in La Mesa, so I'm fine with Central SD. I'll leave it to those further out to provide other options if they're not. We could do a grill and I could pick up hamburgers and hot dogs with others to bring side dishes and other meats if they wanted.

Any other SD-ers have comments? Would others prefer a breakfast instead? Perhaps Fletcher Hills Denny's or the Omelet Factory?

LLLReptile

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
A friendly reminder that this is the last week to sign up for the vivarium workshop if anyone here is interested! Details are at the facebook event page, which I'm linking to below. :)

http://www.facebook.com/events/330419330312376/

You have until Sunday, March 4th to sign up. See you there!

-Jen

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Lulu said:
Does anyone have a local Mazuri source?

Hawthorne Feed in Escondido has Mazuri for sell in bulk. I think it is $5 per pound. A little pricy if your tort is large and Mazuri is a staple. Also, Pet Hospital of Penasquitos (Dr. Boyer) has Mazuri for sale. Dr. Boyer is also a reptile Vet and very familiar with tortoises.

I live in San Marcos and would like to meet up with all of you sometime. Keep me informed.

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I ended up having a friend get me an enormous bag of Mazuri from a feed store in Orange County. It's good to know that Dr. Boyer has it though, so thank you.

We haven't settled on a place or time to meet. I'm going to propose the Denny's on Navajo and Fletcher Parkway because it's a Denny's, and it's a good Denny's. If someone wants to throw out a day/time suggestion first, that's great. I'm going to propose that it be on a weekend, and I'll come back with a day/time in a little bit if no one else comes up with anything.

On another note, I will be giving docent tours of a new exhibit (Washed Ashore) at the Chula Vista Nature Center on the first and fourth Sundays of every month at 1:00 p.m., beginning this Sunday. So, if anyone wants to meet/heckle me, I can be found there and then. :) For more details, PM me, and I'll send you info on the exhibit.

jkingler

5 Year Member
I would be down to meet wherever, and weekends are good, so long as it is not the second Saturday of the month. :p

eriksorg

10 Year Member!
Trinidad Colorado
I'm up here in Ramona...This meet maybe something that I would be interested in!!! By the way I got a 25lb bag of Mazuri from a local feed store here!!..That was over a year ago...If others are interested I can recontact them and see if they can get more!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
eriksorg said:
I'm up here in Ramona...This meet maybe something that I would be interested in!!! By the way I got a 25lb bag of Mazuri from a local feed store here!!..That was over a year ago...If others are interested I can recontact them and see if they can get more!!

Are you affiliated with Southland? I noticed you had a ton of Dart Frogs?

eriksorg

10 Year Member!
Trinidad Colorado
[/quote]

No, not affiliated with southland!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
eriksorg said:

No, not affiliated with southland!!![/QUOTE]

Just wondering. I thought I might have bought some from you years ago! I would love to see pics of them.

eriksorg

10 Year Member!
Trinidad Colorado
Here you go!!!!!

Attachments

• blue 1.JPG
    blue 1.JPG
    844.4 KB · Views: 14
  • AZUREUS.JPG
    AZUREUS.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 12
  • VERADERO.jpg
    VERADERO.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 11
  • new tinc2.JPG
    new tinc2.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 10

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Anyone KNow Steve Novack? ...was a good longtime friend and herp guy...sure wish I could contact him ...

Status
Not open for further replies.